Sign in to follow this  
Geordie

Any help appreciated

Hi there,

The problem I am having is one I have not yet come accross, I am running my new P-CUT630 on XP, and can plot with nps at all, the cutting of the letters is spot on .....

The problem I am having is as follows, once plotted and weeded, I then apply yhe backing tape to the vinyl. Offer it up to the sign I am making, hinge it etc, all levelled up with nps. Goto take the backing paper away from the vinyl prior to "flipping" it onto the sign and the backing paper (on the vinyl) is still stuck on, some letters come clean off nps at all, others are an absolute night mare.

I am currently cutting at 130 which seems to be great..... Anybody know why this could be happening ?

I have worked with other cutters and never had this problem before !!!!

Quite annoying esp when you trying to do a van or something lol ....

Any help is greatfully appreciated ....

Regards,

Anthony @ DTI plastics and Signs

I'm not sure if it would be a plotter problem! Sounds to me like your transfer paper is not very good or the vinyl you are using isnt very good.

Why would you assume its the cutter?? If it cuts ok, it weeds ok, I do not understand why it would be the cutter??

Renee

Sometimes if you cut too deep it scores the backing paper making it hard to get the vinyl off. Try backing off you blade a hair.

I have used this vinyl and backing tape for years and years and never had any problems whatsoever like this Renee.

I just thought if someone else has had this problem with any cutter really they might be able to shed some light on it for me !!!

Many thanks .......

Anthony

good advice! Are you having problems with weeding? Can you tell if its cutting thru the backing?  I didnt know if this was new vinyl or old vinyl. Cutting too deep would definetly cause it to be hard to apply. I have done that myself and it makes weeding and applying a nightmare!

Renee

Well I managed to sort it out after a few test plots, it was actually not cutting deep enough, knocked it upto 135 and seems to be working fine now thank goodness :angel:

Thanks for the help guys and gals its much appreciated !!

Quick question for anyone here, any ideas where I can get a new cutting strip ? (the one that goes under the pinch rollers) I always like to have one in as a spare just in case you know ........

Many thanks again

Anthony @ DTYI Plastics & Signs

Glad you got it worked out! I'm expecting my new pcut to get here tomorrow. If you do a search on uscutter, they should sell the strips, at least I hope so! I like to have extra blades and strips because you just never know when your going to need them!

Renee

Guest sciondrgn

Yeah you can get the strip direct from uscutter.com, I just replaced mine not to long ago.. It was pretty marred up from when I first got the machine and was cutting a bit to deep  :angel:

Nice one, thanks guys will go look now and get a couple ordered me thinks :D

Mine was the same, all chewed up from testing blade depths etc !!!!

many thanks all !!!

Tony @ DTI Plastics & Signs