I've read several posts talking about calendered vinyl vs. cast vinyl usage. It seems that most people are ok using calendered vinyl on glass for stores and car decals. What is the consensus. If you get a sale from a business owner who wants lettering on his doors and/or windows or someone wanting decals for car windows, is it ok to use calendered vinyl or should you always use the better quality cast vinyl? I read about the two different types under the education section on the USCutter website which says to use cast vinyl for glass for all long-term applications. Calendered is still ok for short-term applications.

Is it the standard to use cast vinyl on banners and coroplast too? I'm a little confused having read a couple of different opinions. My focus is indoor applications (i.e. wall decor, tile, glass blocks, hurricane vases, wine bottles etc.) store windows, car decals (not wraps), banners, and coroplast so I want to make sure I'm using the right stuff for each application.

Normally shops use the cheaper material on vinyl banners and coro signs. I mean i haven't had any problems with the cheaper vinyl vs the better stuff.

I'm beginning to carry only the cast vinyl (better stuff) just because the price is only about $20 a roll so why not? On white and black since they are good sellers i'll continue to use calendered (cheaper vinyl) though.

I use oracal 651 for my banners,coroplast and directional boards for the past 2 years. I have never had a complain. I have also used it for store fronts in fact my first store front was for my cousins shop.I was there last week trying to talk her into changing her window front and let me tell you that vinyl looks as good today as it did the day i applied it.....where here in southern california sun beating on it at all time and it looks great ....I have so far only used cast for trailer lettering and vehicle lettering........I also use 651 vinyl for the glass on cars..