Sign in to follow this  
zodiac matt

another new guy! couple questions too!

hey guys, my names matt (obviously)

right now im working at a sign/sticker/lettering/wrap place so i know how to weed/tape/make signs ect.

i really like the buisness and have been thinking about getting my own cutter, i know tons of car clubs 4wheeling clubs and people who own there own buisnesses, so i feel i could atleast my money back and break even, im just looking to make some side cash and get more of a feel for it since i think i want to continue on with it (im only 20)

anyways i was looking into getting this setup

http://www.uscutterdirect.com/USCutter-MH-Vinyl-Cutter-_p_25.html

25'' cutter with stand and signcut x2

anyone here have this? whats the widest you can cut a sticker to be? any problems with this machine or software? do you usually need a decent computer to run signcut x2? easy to learn or figure out how to get it to cut and make stuff the size you want? i have a bit of a background with web design so i know my way around a computer a bit

thanks alot, Matt

The Refine is a freaking tank! It has 3 adjustable pinch rollers, and will allow you to cut about a 22"-ish wide or tall decal. In my eyes, for the price, you can't go wrong with that price.

As for SignCut... can't speak for it, never seen or used it.

BTW... welcome to the site.

Welcome to USCutter from New Jersey  :huh:;D:P

I am also looking into a cutter.  Right now i have a Creation P-Cut 24"  but im looking into the Refine 50"...  so i can do some of the bigger jobs without Piecing together vinyl!

Guest fivestar

I own 2 Refines and they are awesome machines.  As for Signcut they will work excellent with that program from what I've heard, but signcut is not a graphics program so you'd need a graphics program, you can get inkscape totally free at www.inkscape.org and they say it's almost as good as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator.

hey 2guys, im right in audubon, and i work in runnemede, let me know if your selling you 24" cutter when you get your new one, i dont have the cash right now, i just started saving up for one but like i said i would like to have a shot at buying yours if you decide to sell it

ill never get rid of my cutter.  i like the 24" cutter for small jobs!  Like i said, i dont wanta seam the bigger signs, especially the illuminated signs!  Plus i over paid for my cutter and it will prolly be more than a new one!  Best bet is just buy one from USCutter!  if you need anything, let me know, ill be willing to help get you started!

lol ya having a back up or another one for smaller jobs is a good idea

thanks for the offer, heres a question for you, were do you usually get your vinyl and tape from? anywere local? i know of fellers in pennsuaken but thats about it

Fellers is your best bet unless you wanta buy 50yd rolls...  i usually buy my vinyl supplies from Fellers and my Cabinet, lighting supplies and substrates from Pioneer!

Welcome to the forum Matt....

When I purchased my Pcut630 I knew it came with SignBlazer but also bought the SignCut software. I found the SignBlazer to be a great tool, after using it a few times I prefer it over the SignCut-X2. Never had a problem with it and it's easy to navigate.

Another note, personally I found UsCutter product and support to be superior ! I would strongly suggest you download the trial version of both software packages and check them out.

Good Luck

thanks, i think i might just get flexi when i order it, my boss likes it and it seems like a majority of people use it, im going to try to get the trial versions like you suggested so im not totally lost when i buy everything!

I'm to new to be able to offer much advice on the cutters, but I bought the 34 inch from us cutter. I wouldn't buy from anyone else. Great people! I've been playing around with the software for about 2 weeks and think I can finally do a little with it. I'm going to try cutting a decal today for the firdst time. I tried to do the copy thing once in the cutter part where it fills the vinyl with copies of the same decal. We'll see how it works....Sandy