Sign in to follow this  
FBRsportmod68

price check on aisle 1

ok.....had a guy call me. wants me to remove lettering on a white acrylic sign. put red translucent vinyl on it. all words, no graphic. as this is my FIRST backlit sign, i have no idea what to charge. The sign will be 2' x 6'. I'm thinking around 150 - 200. Close?

FBR Just finished installing 30 inch wide by 10 feet long orange translucent vinyl no letters all vinyl but with zip change tracks (removable letters track) like the ones in hotels. The vinyl alone cost me $100.00 i ordered 30 inch by 10 yrds. keep in mind i did mine doubled sided i charged for 4 hours 2 per side $200.00 50sq ft@$9.00=$450.00 and 8 10foot new tracks @20.00ea.=$160.00 added all up and i ended up doing this job for $800.00 keep in mind im in southern ca job was done in Palm Spring....so bottom line check out your cost on vinyl charge by sq feet and charge for removing its a PITA...Try using vinyl remover purchase if you dont have and also charge for that...but then thats just me... 

12 sqft @$9.00=$108.00 plus what ever you charge an hour. So yeah $200.00 sounds about right sorry missed that part

I did the figures on my estimation program:

Total came out to $371.15

Removal of old Vinyl (1 Hour Production Labor) $45.00

Design, Vinyl and Install on Face $136.15

Face Removal and Installation (2 Trips = 2 Hour Service Charge) $95.00/HR = $190.00

Plus i would Check the Sign electric and replace parts if Needed!  (I would Just Charge Parts!)

2guys,

appreciate the input. The customer has removed the sign face and brought to me. He will pick up from me.

On a side note, the sign is lit at nite ...do I have to use Translucent vinyl or will Oracal 651 work???

you can use 651.  I know sign shops that use it.  I use a translucent on all illuminated faces!

$254 here using a removal fee as well as a installation fee and a simple PSF pricing on the vinyl

6x2=12sf vinyl only using 6 year type @ $12/psf $144

removal $65/hr

installation 1 hr $45/hr

$254.00