Sign in to follow this  
Can-Am

Heat press settings.

Got my new auto heat press today, and trying to get this all figured out before i start pressing something.

And waiting for the easyweed to arrive....

Question is, if it says to press for so many seconds at a certain temp and press, do you use the same settings for a T-shirt as you would a heavier sweatshirt?

Dave

Yes, the settings would be the same but the pressure would have to be adjusted. Say it calls for firm pressure, well if you are doing Ts and switch to sweatshirts you'll need to ease up a bit on the pressure. On my hotronix there is a knob to adjust pressure.....not sure on yours where it is located.

Yes, the settings would be the same but the pressure would have to be adjusted. Say it calls for firm pressure, well if you are doing Ts and switch to sweatshirts you'll need to ease up a bit on the pressure. On my hotronix there is a knob to adjust pressure.....not sure on yours where it is located.

i have a hotronix as well. is there any pressure setting you'd recommend on a sweatshirt? i'm using the siser i just got from us cutter. i was doing my first tees yesterday at 5-6 on the pressure, seemed to come out just fine.

I've never used siser but they should have specs for it. Did you get a sheet with the temperature/time recommendations on it? It will usually also tell you the amount of pressure to use as well.

i have a hotronix as well. is there any pressure setting you'd recommend on a sweatshirt? i'm using the siser i just got from us cutter. i was doing my first tees yesterday at 5-6 on the pressure, seemed to come out just fine.

5-6 is what I use with my Hotronix and Siser.

yeah i was using 5-6 on tees, but you had mentioned using less pressure on sweatshirts. i'm about to try out a sweatshirt so we'll see how it goes heh.

if instructions did come with my sister, they were mistakenly tossed haha. woops.

yeah i was using 5-6 on tees, but you had mentioned using less pressure on sweatshirts. i'm about to try out a sweatshirt so we'll see how it goes heh.

if instructions did come with my sister, they were mistakenly tossed haha. woops.

As Fivestar indicated, Siser is applied with medium pressure with whatever garment you are using (at 302F, 10-15 seconds, hot peel).  With a Hotronix pressure scale of 1-9, 5 should be just fine.  When you switch from t-shirts to sweatshirts, because the material is thicker, you will have to loosen the knob a bit (which raises the platen) to maintain medium pressure.

Good to hear! I've only had a problem once in 4 yrs and that had something to do with the combo of red plastisols & grey sweatpants. The company that supplied the transfers suggested a few fixes at the time. In the end it was a bad batch. In general, as long as you follow manufacturers rec you should be fine.