Sign in to follow this  
merc476

Cutter wont cut all the way. Please help!

Hi,

I have an issue where my cutter won't cut the image all the way to the end.  Lets say for example I have big block letters that say HI, the cutter randomly chooses not to cut the line all the way to the corner of the I or the H so i then have to take a blade and cut the piece of vinyl.  I've been dealing with this issue since I got the cutter so I'm not sure what it could be.  It's just really getting annoying now.  It takes too much time and also has cost me some vinyl.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Check the offset of the cutter.  Sometimes you need to set the offset of the blade.  i know mine is .014 in offset

also make sure the job is not exceeding the width of the cutter, there are probably stops on either side.

that happened to me yeserday and threw me for about 30 seconds till I remembered

Wayne

I have the lasercut 24.  I haven't been home to try checking the "OFFSET".  To be quite honest, i've never even done that before so i'm not sure exactly what to do. 

So i have to adjust offset in signblazer? :)  Thought that would be something that i have to adjust on the cutter.  Oh well.  I'll have to check it out later tonight.

hey merc476 I also have a laserpoint 24 ran into the same problem once.  Go to the tool bar on the top of the page and hit your arrow scroll down and click on setup  make sure your width is atleast 23.5 I or so.  and your length can be long I think on my copam it is 1377.00 but check your width.

Guest sciondrgn

So i have to adjust offset in signblazer? ;D  Thought that would be something that i have to adjust on the cutter.  Oh well.  I'll have to check it out later tonight.

The offset tells the cutter the distance from the center point of the blade. With an offset of 0.00 the cutter wont compensate for the tip of the blade actually not being in the center. Go into your cutter setup in signblazer and play around with the offset until you get it just right.. typically 0.15 works