I've been messing with this cutter for 2 days now.  I just bought a MH721 Cutter and I have it all setup and connected to my computer through the printer port.  I have Artcut installed and I created a design.  It won't cut though.  I think I messed up the DMPL but I"m not sure.  When I click cut/plot sometimes it will go from one end of the cutter to the other end and then use up all the vinyl and doesn't do a thing.  Can someone PLEASE HELP?:huh:??

Thanks!

Amy

When I got mine,I tried the lpt port and the usb connection.I ended up putting it on com1 serial port.I think lpt doesn't interface as well as the serial port.If the blade is moving as if it's cutting,make sure you have enough of the bladecomming out of the end of the blade holder.I don't know about artcut,but in flexi,you can have a 12 x 12 design you want to cut and if the panel size on the program is set for a larger area it will trace the panel size and not the design size.The way I have been setting the blade is to take the blade ,and a piece of scrap vinyl and lower the blade to the depth of the cut I want on the vinyl.And I always start out with 10 or 20g's and go with more downforce if I need it.

Amy, are you still having issues?

The parallel port should work, but there is always potential for a conflict with a printer driver.  If you have a COM port, you should try that out.  (Make sure you set the port to COM1 in Artcut.)  Let us know your progress, and we will try to help you from there.    We can also give you a phone call if you would prefer phone support.

- Marcus

I am the same way.I'm an old country ass boy,and I don't do metrics very well.I know flexi is a bit pricey,but it reads millimeters or inches and that was a big plus for me.It also has a lot of commands that make it easier to run than a lot of other sign software I have seen.One of the main things I like is that I can work up a design,load the cutter with 20# paper and set it to plot to check the design before I cut it which saves wear and tear on the blades.Then,after I plot the design and make sure it's what I want,all I have to do is load the vinyl drop in the blade holder and un check the plot box to run the cut.But the cheapest way to go keeping your artcut software would be to go to a site with a mm to inches conversion page and print it out to hang on your wall for reference.

Thank you Billy for your input on the forum, we do appreciate it. Unfortuantely Artcut only does Metric, and as Billy stated there are many web sites that will figure this conversion for you- here is one of them.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

I have found that a lot of people use Flexi for signmaking. You might try downloading some software demos to see what other programs you like if the mm to inches conversion becomes too much trouble.