Sign in to follow this  
tsmart

what's the go with flexisign vs. uscutter plotters?

i have the 1351 type plotter, and never got flexisign to run my plotter, only ONCE i did! Lucky i have borrowed this copy of FS off my neighbour as i prefer to trial it than pay for it and then find out last thing it cannot run it.

i have reasearched all over the forums until i found this place! and someone mentioned the hewlett packard absolute driver, it worked for one day! after i restarted my computer it gave me write port errors again when i tried using flexi sign!

Anyone found their way around this yet?

I have tried both usb/serial..they both work find in artcut and the signblazer elements uscutter software regardless of connection!! no dramas theres..flexisign just gives wirte port errors

have also tried the graphtec pnc1000 and ioline i/s60 people have mentioned here, again no luck!

flexisign overall is an awesome software and once i get this to run right i will be looking at buying it!!

i would appreciate some help!! cheers :P

whats a 1351? I have a few HP Plotters that I tried to make work before breaking down and buying my LP24 and it was all just a big pain in the ass, but it did work briefly.

Wayne

sorry i meant i own a uscutter mh 1351 model!! i dont own a hp one, but the hp drivers in flexi sign were compatible for it at one stage..

Guest fivestar

Use the Roland PNC-1000 or Roland PNC-1100

still no good, i guess i will stick with artcut for now,

i see there is a flexi sign 8.5 out, has anyone bought it yet is it worth buying does it with with a mh1351 or still not compatible yet?

Use the Roland PNC-1000

+1  ;)

If you cannot get it to work with the PNC-1000 driver then there is something else wrong. Is your flow control changed to hardware in the device manager of windows? You can check by going to the Ports (Com & LPT) section of Device Manager, double click your port, second tab, flow control = hardware. Once you change this you will need to unplug your usb and plug it back in to reinitialize the port. Once you have this changed you should be golden.

had no luck either way with any procedure .. serial or usb through flexisign!

artcut will work no matter what...maybe its a vista thing, maybe not.

so i bought my self a 1 port parallel pci adapter, installed it in and it worked first go..very happy

works with a few of the drivers listed in fs too

im in vista ultimate with fs pro 8.5

signblazer & artcut will work with all connections (usb, serial) never tried lpt anyway. but fs never used to. lpt did the trick for it.

Guest fivestar

im in vista ultimate with fs pro 8.5

signblazer & artcut will work with all connections (usb, serial) never tried lpt anyway. but fs never used to. lpt did the trick for it.

Did Flexi Pro come with a dongle?

Guest fivestar

Sure it does, if it didn't then it's not a legit copy and the problem would probably lie in the crack.  Since it has a dongle and is legit, I'd contact SA International who is the maker of the software and see if they have ever heard of the problem.