Sign in to follow this  
toofastdave

Can't send files to CP-2500

Hi,

I received my CP-2500 and assembled everything...Did the test cuts on the machine and everything works fine on that end.  I opened a file and tried to send it to the machine using the printer port LPT-2 and Signcut crashes...  Tried this several times with no luck.  Sooo I tried using the USB to serial converter cable and the driver that came with the machine, nothing....

I am using an HP Pavillion machine with Windows XP SP2... three hours later after reading through the threads on here and I haven't gotten a single file to go to the machine.  The calibrate cutter button doesn't do anything, the button for "Read Cutter" is grayed out and the options under LPT2 are grayed out as well for stop bits..etc...

Am I overlooking something?  I registered the copy of SignCut-X2PE online so I don't think the problem is there... Is there a driver for the printer port that I need??  All other threads say no...but I print to my laser through LPT2 and it has a driver associated with it.

Thanks for any help.

-Dave

It is unusual that you would have an LPT2 rather than LPT1.  Try LPT1.  Also, you should not have any printer drivers installed on the port (especially HP), so uninstall that and give it a try.

Still won't work BUT I did install SignCut on another laptop and it WILL send the files to the cutter BUT I can't get it out of test mode...I guess since I had originally installed it on the other computer.  Is there any way to get around this?  I tried to put my registration code in the block and it said that the installation was completed but it won't come out of test mode.  I'm not gonna waste anymore time with the other computer if I have one that works..as long as I can get it to come out of test mode.

Thanks!

Dave

*Edit*  Never mind... My internet connection was down.  It transferred the license from one computer to the other and everything works.  Just have to check the size and do a couple more runs to make sure everything is good.