Renegade

Cutting Outline in Corel

I can't seem to make the outline thick enough or something on my Graphtec 5000.

This is just a CollegiateFLF Font I've played around with it quite a bit, but the best I've gotten was a little sliver of an outline on vinyl that is nearly hair size and just won't work.  I'm using fairly new clean cut 60% blade and I've played with the pressure and speed, but everything cuts fine except the outline.  Obviously I'm doing something stupid.  Please help the clueless.  Below the graphic is the Corel file.  I highlighted the problem line in white. 

sandusky.png

http://www.renegadethreads.com/sandusky.zip

I'm new to this myself and I'm not sure how to increase the thickness of your current outline - right now it is only about .015" thick. 

I think you could re-enter your text then make a second copy.  Make the thick outline from one copy, then do an inside contour on the 2nd copy.  View in wireframe, right click on the second copy and 'break contour group apart'. Then select the outside curve of 2nd copy and delete.  You should have the skinny inside remaining which you can combine with the thick outline.  Good luck  :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.  I really thought I might be able to edit the outline thickness without doing a contour.  Problem is I'm trying match an existing design and thats always a pain.

Renegade,

One of the first things is all the outlines need to be converted to objects. To do this go to the menu bar and select arrange/convert outline s to objects.  Now your white outline is an object or curve that is cutable.  Now you can select your black text, which is already a curve in your file, and break the curve apart.  Once you do this, go to each letter, and delete the top 2 layers.  This will work for all but the A & the D.  These will have to be done the same way, but trim the inner white line through the back of the alphabet.  This is done by selecting the white line in the alphabet, and select trim.  Then break the black letter apart and delete the center so that the black dot in the center of the white will be gone.  This is the way I did it, there is probably an easier way that someone else may know of but this worked for me.  The easiest way would be to use the proper font and don

Thanks, the convert outline is the main piece I was missing.  I think i can work through it now.  Really appreciate the help.

No problem, hope it works for you I just started learning Corel in September of this year and I'm not that good at it and it's even harder to explain in writing.

hiya

cool link,

there is a free tutorial on power trace that looks really useful.

regards

Richard