cutme

contour cutting revisited

ok i have been trying to get this on my own. i have corrected my printer sizing issues and my cutter sizing issues. now i am unable to figure out how to correct the cutter position issue. here is a scan of a test contour cut i created. any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

bb

contour cut2.pdf

contour cut2.pdf

ok. from what i have read here on the forum, everyone seems to have the same offset issue. does anyone have it dialed in already? mine was at 3 and 13 originally. is that mm? what should i set it to for starters? will a direct measurement of the actual vs desired be my factors to change from the original?

bb

I just started adjusting each redeye offset value to see what each did. One is for the X axis, and the other for the Y axis, and I forget which was which. After the first adjustment of the values (I think I lowered the values), I noticed which way it compensated, then adjusted accordingly for the next contour plot. Took me about 5-6 tries before I got it dialed in right on.

so what numbers did you finally arrive at?

bb

I had each test with each value written down somewhere, but I can no longer find it. Did some winter cleaning/ organizing a couple weeks ago, and am worried they got tossed.    :huh:

A little trial and error and you will figure it out. Run the plot, adjust each value up or down by .10, then run aplot again and see what each value does for adjustment. Then do it again.

Ok this will sounds like a dumb question after having this for a year already but, what is a redeye setting? and where did you find it? I would really love to get this thing working properly, I have stuff backed up for it.

Wayne

the red eye offset is located in the cut a print settings.

bb

Not sure what it means, but by adjusting the values, you can dial in the contour cut if it is off a bit from where the actual cut line should be.

this is the way i understand it. the red eye offset is the distance of the red eye from the cutter blade in mm. but i have "dialed it in" as ken has suggested, and when i exit the cut screen then reenter the cut screen, the cut is off in the opposite direction. i have also been trying to learn how to use my new rip program that has a contour cut feature and is compatible with the uscutter laserpoint machine. but i am as of yet unsuccessful.

bb

Hi US Cutter Laserpoint owners.

Maybe tough question.

But what is the diameter in mm of the laserpoint when it hits the vinyl?

3 mm or less?

Thanks in advance, Paco