BigDog

Circle initals

Can anyone tell me how to make 3 letters and make them in a circle.  It would look like monogramed initals on a shirt.  Any help would be great.

Rob

If you are using signblazer you should just be able to create this within the program. Use the text tool to type your letters in a scripty font. Then use the circle tool to create two circles, one inside of the other. Combine the two circles by using Arrange > Combine Objects and it should punch out the middle circle leaving you the border I *think* you are looking for. Then just move the text within the circle and cut.

Hope this helps!

This is almost what I want.  The olnly difference is that I don't need the circle, just need to have the letters rounded.  Not inside a circle.  It would also not have a border.  I don't think i am explaining it correctly.  I will try to find a picture of what i am looking for.

Rob

Hi Bigdog, if you are useing SignBlazer E you can make the words go in a circle. Type in your text then on tool bar at top scroll it over until your see the Big A this will arche the text, be sure and type on line at a time. you will have a choice to but it in the middle and then for the bottom text click on clock wise. This will but your text in a circlr.

OK found anther way to do it and its easier. type in you letters then click on select then go to distort that will give you what u want. just click on the arrow and move it around to where you want the letters

Signblaze E don't have the global circle text. If you have the Signblazer 5 and up it will be in the distort. Under the global tap.

Sorry all I have is Signblaze E

Bigdog, I went in and typed 3 letters and then went to distort in SBE. First I click on the side way arch and click on the little box and moved it sideways on both sides then clicked on select to outline it again and went back in distort and click on the upward arch and moved the little boxes up and down and it worked.

:thumbsup: Thanks!  I tried the distort in SE and it worked perfectly for me.  Took a few tries to get it right but overall it was easy!!!  Thanks for such great instructions.

Lacey  :thumbsup:

This is only my 1st reply but I think I know what you want.  I do lots of 3 letter monograms on license plates and etc.  Go to Haroldsfonts.com and you can download a series of 3 letter monograms that all you do is type it in and your ready to print.  I type the first letter, then space, the middle letter, then space, and then the last letter.  It looks great. I use the interlocking monogram, however there is a circle monogram also you can do the same with.  I monogram so I'm better at this than what you all do.  Hope this makes since, if not ask me more. 

Kristie

^^^Cool! Thanks...

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a dumb question...Does the last name initial go in the center or middle name initial go in the center. I have seen it both ways, but can never get a definitive answer.

Technically the last name initial goes in the center, however, it is always best to ask the client as they have their own ideas. General rule of thumb is:

1. First initial 2. Last initial 3. Middle initial

If you have husband and wife (ex. towels) then you still use the Last initial in the #2 with the husband/wife first initial on either side of it in #1 and #3 spot. Again, ask the client who's initial goes where as they know best.

I still get people that wonder why the initials aren't: 1. First initial 2. Middle initial 3. Last name initial

I didn't make the rules just try to follow them, but I'll do it any way they want em ;D

I always use the monogram like Tory said unless you want read your initials in a row such as first,middle,last and when I do I always have them the same size so you wouldn't be using this type of font. (KPW), the other way you would use the fonts like I told you about.  I really love this forum and hope to learn a lot.

Kristie

Can anyone tell me how to make 3 letters and make them in a circle.  It would look like monogramed initals on a shirt.  Any help would be great.

Rob

Rob, I tried to upload 2 files for you, but they are bmp files and the forum won't let me send them. If you'll email me, I'll send you the circle monogram and intertwine monogram  files I have. My banner guy used them to make a banner for my engraving business a couple of years ago. I'll be able to make my own now! Yea!  SandyM114@aol.com

I have a quick question about typing in text. I typed a word and was able to distort it. Then, I think I read I was supposed to select it. When I did, it erases my words, I can't find them and have to keep starting over. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?Thanks for the help.Sandy