Sign in to follow this  
rpmranger

Laserpoint mac signcut wont cut

Hello,

Just got my Laserpoint24. Im using a new Macbook OSX 10.5.

I downloaded and installed the rec driver. Not sure if its working properly or not, I am using the USB cable and it is plugged in. When I go into the Cutter/device tab this is what I see: /dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-sync... Not sure if that is right or not, Im assuming that is not right and it should say something else??  it doesn't seem to do anything at all when I try to cut out the sample "signcut" logo. The laserpoint screen just says online and it does nothing.

I don't know if I installed the driver wrong or what, I have no Idea about this kind of stuff, I installed it to my HD? Does it need to be installed somewhere else? Or is there a way to turn the driver on or put it into Signcut?

I really wish there was some better directions somewhere... these programs basically assume you just know how to do all this stuff :thumbsup:

thanks.

Ok, Nevermind.

I think I had installed the wrong set of drivers from FTDI. There was two sets for MAC. I installed the MAC OSX ones assuming that the other  MAC INTEL ones were the ones for people using Windows partition in a MAC. Im new to MAC and I guess I just figured INTEL was with Windows.. Obviously not the case. After about 6 hours of messing with everything I could think of and about to smash my computer and buy the Keyspan adapter, I looked at my Hardrive description and it said OSX-10.5 "INTEL" ...  :thumbsup: Im an idiot, woops. SO I downloaded the OSX INTEL drivers and it came up in the Cutter/device settings now.

So I did a test on a sheet of paper with the PEN tool and it drew out the SigncutX2 logo perfectly.

I am just using the supplied USB cable that came with the cutter, No Keyspan adapter with a new Macbook so I guess it can work just fine with the USB cable if you set it up right, I'm glad I didn't waste $30 on the Keyspan adapter.

I looked at my Hardrive description and it said OSX-10.5 "INTEL" ...  ;D Im an idiot, woops. SO I downloaded the OSX INTEL drivers and it came up in the Cutter/device settings now.

So I did a test on a sheet of paper with the PEN tool and it drew out the SigncutX2 logo perfectly.

Where did you download the OSX INTEL Drivers?  My Lasercut24 is arriving Friday and I'm trying to get everything setup so I can get cutting right away.

Does the SignCut X2 Trial expire after a week or is there a bundled license code that comes with the cutter?

I didn't get the Serial to USB adapter, I'm assuming I can get it working straight off the USB *Fingers Crossed*

I would also love the answer to that question. My laserpoint should be here by the end of the week and I also want to have everything up and running.