Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

Bookmarks are GONE!

Hey ya'll, subject says it all, got on this computer yesterday evening, and all my bookmarks were GONE! They were there yesterday morning. I'm running whatever latest version of FireFox, with XP Pro, just wandering if anyone has had this happen to them? And if there's a way to retrieve em? Made a restore point from two days ago, but still nothing. Everything else looks good, so I don't think I got a bug or nothin, it's just the bookmarks and history is completely wiped out.

FireFox emailed me a plan to get into some kind of profile, but it wouldn't let me open it. I bet it was one of them dang hackers, got my bookmarks, and gonna sell em. But really, I'm stumped, never seen this before.

Try this -

Click on bookmarks, in the drop down menu click on organize bookmarks.  a new window should come up.  Click File, in that drop down menu click import.  Another window opens, put the dot in Microsoft Internet Explorer and click next.  See if that brings them back, if not, there should be a saved file somewhere in firefox's program folder on your hdd.

Got em back! IE bookmarks were deleted too, worked around, and found the file(it's a hidden file), just puzzling? Thanks for the help.

Guest fivestar

Save 'em to a thumb drive or burn 'em to a cd.  For that matter put 'em on a floppy if you still use floppies.