Sign in to follow this  
IrishShark

My business will require me to trace with tracing paper and scan.. Need info

So I will be free hand tracing objects for my business and I have a few questions.

First does this sound like a realistic concept when using SignBlazer and the 24" USCutter Laserpoint.

I will need to scan these sketched items in to the computer. Does Signblazer allow you to upload a scanned object from a file in to its program for cutting and quality checks. When I do the freehand trace im wondering if the signblazer once a image is uploaded will allow me to correct the straightness or curves of my trace.

Last question is refering to Scanners

Does anyone know of a specific brand of scanners that are particularly good. I only need the scan function and nothing more but I want a scanner that gives a great scanned image. Ive shoped around a little but I dont see much feedback on scanners so has anyone had personal experience?

Thanks for any help!

You can scan right from SB. I does scan as a raster image and not vector so you will need to vectorize the scanned graphic. You can clean up the vectorized image with node editing inside of SignBlazer. I have and HP scanner and am happy with it. What size of sketches will you be scanning?

Max I can go is 8-1/2 x 11. To go that size it will not be cheap. Look on tigerdirect.com. see if they have anything.

As for tracing a picture, I use a toy we purchase for the grandson. It has a plastic sheet that the picture reflects on you look through that and trace the picture on the sheet as your looking through the plastic. This works great and is cheep to use. Does not really matter what size the picture is when you scan it in after you turn it into vector art you can make it any size you like. I have even used copier to shrink down the image so I could trace and scan it in.

KeithH

As for tracing a picture, I use a toy we purchase for the grandson. It has a plastic sheet that the picture reflects on you look through that and trace the picture on the sheet as your looking through the plastic. This works great and is cheep to use. Does not really matter what size the picture is when you scan it in after you turn it into vector art you can make it any size you like. I have even used copier to shrink down the image so I could trace and scan it in.

KeithH

hi keith, what is the name of the toy and where did you buy it?

regards  duke

Sorry I did not get back sooner but have been trying to drum up new work. I do not know the name of the toy for sure, there are no markings on it any more. it looks like a plastic folder it has a piece of clear Plexiglas between the two sides the angle of the Plexiglas picks up the image from the paper on the left side and you look through it and trace the lines you see. My wife thinks its called a digi draw. Hope that helps

KeithH

Keith,

I have a 54" Vidar scanner, pm me, maybe we could work something out if you don't find something else that will work.

Peabody