Sign in to follow this  
houseofvinylanddesign

Cutter is screwed up!!!!!!!!!

Question i have a sign im trying to cut and it will be going perfect and then all of a sudden will just start going in a random direction. I have tried to slow down the speed, move the graphic a little in the plot screen, make the graphic smaller. I have this hooked up through the usb cable so i dont know if this is my problem or not. It will get to about 90% done and then just freek out. It will screw up in a different spot everytime. Ill give you a call tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. Im using the MH1351. Please help

thanks, Ryan

When I first started working with my mh721 I was running a plot ,and it was jumping all over the place.It ran a two foot jagged line a couple of times before I could hit the pause button.I use flexi,and I had been playing with the settings.I changed the JOB DEFAULTS to "send arc commands".After I set the defaults back to the original settings,I have never had the problem reoccur.I don't know what program you are using,but you might check and see if it's set to send arc commands,and if it is,uncheck it.Hope that helps.

Bill

Ryan, can you please try Billy's suggestion.  If that doesn't work, please send marcelc at uscutter dot com an email with the graphic file.  We will test it out on our machines to narrow down whether it is the file or the cutter and diagnose from there.

Thanks Billy for your help.  It is nice having you around.  :huh:

Thank you for the cutter!It's really a great machine.I worked up an oval design for a customer that orders embroidered caps from me,and plotted a couple of them on white and clear vinyl.He ordered 500 stickers.Thanks again.

Hey marcus i talked to marcel on the phone today. Maybe a driver problem. Going to uninstall the driver and re install using the disc i found out about. Anyway if still no luck ill email you the file. Thanks again for your help

Marcel, Marcus i cant belive it but it works. I belive all it was, was a bad driver. I deleted the driver that i downloaded from the internet and re installed the driver from the disc you told me about. I then cut 4 signs in a row without a glitch. Thanks again for your help!

You're welcome, I'm glad we finally got this resolved. Thanks for letting us know what happened so if we run into this again we'll know what to do. Enjoy the plotter.

Cheers!