Sign in to follow this  
rubberducked

PcutLib.dll error message

Hi Guys, I'm new to this so go easy on me. I recently purchased a Pcut CR630 off ebay but I cannot get the thing to work. :'(

It came with FlexiSignPro 7.6v2. I followed the installation process to the letter, but whenever I try and run a test cut from the Production manager it comes up with a CreationPCut error message "Error: LoadLibrary PcutLib.dll" when I hit <ok> I get another message "Handle of OpenUSBDevice equals NULL" then the Production Manager quits.

Any ideas...please! :huh:

Which model have you selected in Flexi? Which cable are you using to connect the PCut to your computer?

Hi Ken, thanks for getting back to me  :huh:

Im using the usb cable that came with the cutter, there is no serial port on the plotter. Flexi seems to link up with Production manager where the pcutusb is selected as the port.

I've selected the cr630 model

The USB connection gets assigned a COM port # by Windows if the driver is loaded properly. Go to your Device Manager and look in the Ports category. Something should be listed that says: USB Serial Port (COM#). Find out which COM # it is and this is the port you need to select in Flexi. As for the model selection- try the PCut CT630 or CT630 DMPL

Hi Ken,

Under Ports in Device manager I only have Com1 & Lpt1, no mention of USB Serial Port. There is however a seperate node for USB controllers where my Creation USB Board appears, however there is no way of finding out what COM port it is assigned to.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I think you found the resolution through T-Shirt forums, and your particular PCut uses different drivers than the ones we sell, so my suggestions would not have been helpful. Glad you got it figured out though- if that is you with the same issue posted at T-Shirt forums?

:thumbsup:

Glad to hear. Sorry I did not have more information for you, but that is not a model we sell. I think it is strictly UK.

Sorry for opening an old thread.. but I know this was fixed somewhere else for this guy, but the solution was never brought in to here...

I have the same problem... Flexi is asking for a port the PC 630 is on, but the pcut has a built in serial to usb converter, and that does not assign a usable port for Flexi to choose from - the serial converter is on com5

What is the solution?