ispperformance

Laserpoint 24 Acting Strange on Curves, and small graphics

I have been having an issue with my Lasercut 24 getting slow and jittery on curves and small graphics regardless of the speed setting. If I hit the pause button for a few seconds the cutter will cut smoothly, but then seems like it catches up to itself and then goes slow and jittery again. I am using SignCut, and just re-installed a fresh copy last night to see if that would fix my issue, but no luck. 

IMG_3080.MOV.mov

I have a Lasercut 2, and it does this sometimes.  

I found it's my image that causes it.  

While It may appear smooth on the screen, apparently when it transfers it picks up on the rough edges.

I use SCALP 3.

Scalp 3? I'm not familiar with it.  Where can I find it? 

For most of my graphics that are sent in from customers, I use Vector Magic to vectorize them before importing to .ai, and then to SignCut.

1 minute ago, ispperformance said:

Scalp 3? I'm not familiar with it.  Where can I find it? 

For most of my graphics that are sent in from customers, I use Vector Magic to vectorize them before importing to .ai, and then to SignCut.

That's the cutting program that came with my cutter.  It's ok, but I would worry about it if you have SignCut though.

Well the issue was with SignCut Pro 1, after some failed troubleshooting they had me switch to the SignCut Pro 2 Beta Version. Everything is now back to normal.

Ahhhhh, the title of BETA TESTER has been assigned to you!

We do appreciate you coming back and posting the result ---  we try our best from a position of blindness out here regarding what many people face and attempt to describe in words, while you've created that video which illustrated. Thanks for sharing and hopefully you'll continue to do so, with other tips and advice of your own for others.

12 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Ahhhhh, the title of BETA TESTER has been assigned to you!

We do appreciate you coming back and posting the result ---  we try our best from a position of blindness out here regarding what many people face and attempt to describe in words, while you've created that video which illustrated. Thanks for sharing and hopefully you'll continue to do so, with other tips and advice of your own for others.

I am always trying my best to give back. So many people looking for answers, not so many posting them.