Sign in to follow this  
sandhopper2

com port problem

I have not used the cutter in a long time

I'm using usb to serial cable windows 7

when I plug in cable it comes up as com port 7 , in SB i do not have option for Com port 7

Help

Lots of software that uses Com ports, especially older software, will only see com ports 1-4.  See if in the device manager you can reassign the com 7 to 1, 2, 3, or 4.  If your computer has live com ports, that might preclude you from re-assigning.  You might have to disable them in bios.  However, most newish computers now days don't ship with active com ports.

7%202106%20com%20change.jpg

This was working before , not sure what happened

It seams to send something to never never land on com port 3  all others give error code

how can I test my cable ? i do not have the serial connection

You probably don't have to touch bios, unless it is an old computer.  The image I posted was from a full tutorial on how to change the com ports in windows.  Here is the link to the full tutorial.  You can also google "change com port number windows 'version'."

http://www.sealevel.com/support/article/AA-00441/0/How-to-change-asynchronous-serial-COM-port-assignments-in-Windows-Device-Manager.html

It may be that were it was working before, Windows may have allocated com 3 to your previous connection.  Each time you plug in that adapter windows will try to assign it resources and reserve them.  You might have luck finding the old com 3 in the device manager.  Unplug the adapter.  Delete com 3 in device manager.  Plug in the adapter.  That might trigger windows into reassigning to com 3.  My bet would be Signblazer won't see it unless you get to show in the Device manager as a com port of 4 or under.

Com/Serial ports are old technology and it can get sticky.  If your not good on PC stuff it can be a P.I.T.A..  But your going to have to go there.  

• Like 1

I tried to cut a different job and it cut once

was on Blazer ltp1

tried again and get error

not sure what is going on will reboot PC and try again without moving any connections

LPT1, (not LTP1,) suggests a parallel/printer port aka line print terminal. Those are not com/serial ports.  I would find that a bit bizarre if it was a parallel port and not a com port.