Sign in to follow this  
Jonesy

GS 24 blade holder/head not perpendicular to rail/cutting strip - how to disassemble head?

Hello everyone - new to forums :)

Just got a Roland GS-24 and noticed the cutting head along with the holder is not at a 90 degree angle to the cutting strip/the rest of the unit... it looks like it's been assembled slightly off. It cuts fine though. I don't want to bother sending it back for this - does anyone have any instructions for disassembly of the head?

Thank you for reading.

Post a pic if you can that shows the issue. If it's cutting good then it must be some cosmetic part of the cover or something. 

I am not a Roland owner so I am not able to tell you if it's abnormal compared anything but the white cover is def just a dust cover and finger protector. It probably snaps off or maybe has a screw or two that could be adjusted to look better. The rest looks ok but it's hard to tell from the pic. Hopefully someone who has been around the rolands will chime in. 

I ended up taking it apart and realigning the carriage for OCD purposes... cuts the same but I'm happier because it's straight :D