Sign in to follow this  
threezzz

trouble with 2 layer decal

i am trying to figure out the easiest way to do a 2 color decal... basically it is one word with 1 letter a different color... all black with the 1 letter being red... i am not using clear application tape, using the the conform application tape...

i have tried multiple ways but the one colored letter is either to high/low than the rest of the word or to close to the other letter and not getting colored letter centered between the letters... that make sense?? 

have watched some youtube but they all seem to use the clear application tape

any advice...?? first time trying to make 2 layered decals..

thanks!!

Under or over the word place two small squares or registration marks... make black... copy marks... paste over select and make red. Hi-light letter that needs to be red and change color. Send to cutter choose plot black. Should cut word and marks less red letter. Change to red vinyl click red color... plot. Weed place clear packing tape over marks then app tape... take a knife and cut app tape over marks. Apply black word ... remove liner behind marks... line up red and black marks squeegee  down red letter. Remove marks... should be dead nutz on. 

• Like 1

Using registration marks and layering during the install is typically the best method. Depending on the quantity, size, font, etc., you could cut the entire word in black, cut the one letter in red, weed away the first letter in the black, then place the red letter where the black one was. You should be able to see a slight outline on the backing paper where the old black letter was and place the red one there with your picking tool.

• Like 2