Sign in to follow this  
.:eMETAL:.

Frosted Vinyl Window Pricing

Just had an inquiry to price out a 10x7 foot storefront window.  

The design will take up most of the window.  I will compile the entire design into two cuts totaling 9 feet in length on a 30" roll.  

Any idea on pricing for this?  I want to make sure I am competitive with the local big boys who everyone goes to.  This business owner wants me to have the business so I want to treat him right.

Thanks for your assistance!

If its guaranteed that you're getting the job, call up the big guy and get a price quote and see what he charges.

Obviously don't tell him who you are or the address of the job, just give them the size, material you want and price to include installation. I've done that many times to just keep tabs on what other guys in the area are charging for different things.

There have been many instances where I will do some work for a business friend and when I shoot them a price, they will straight up tell me that I am too low, and ask me to charge more.  :huh: Ok, if you want to pay more, I wont argue.

Another little tid bit, when you invoice, write it up as a full priced sign, the same you would for a complete stranger, but put the discount on the invoice as another line item, or before the grand total. People are more likely to remember that you cut them a deal when its in writing as opposed to just charging them the discounted price up front.

Check out this write-up I wrote on pricing. Your sign is exactly what I used as the example sign and how to price it.