Sign in to follow this  
jmas

Any affordable way to print small labels?

I've tried to learn by reading this forum but I just end up more confused so I'm gonna ask a dumb question. I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be somewhere between "no" and "haha, of course not you idiot!" but I gotta ask.

My boss is interested in making vehicle labels like the ones here: http://www.autodatalabels.com

He thought I could do it with our plotter. Heh, I'm not that good.

I don't think any would be as large as a 3x5 index card, so a wide printer is obviously overkill. I don't suppose there are any small printers that could do it are there? These labels are usually in the door jamb or under the hood, so they have to be pretty tough, I'm sure they use the most expensive technique and equipment ever invented. He's not interested in investing in that, we just run across some that we can't get from the dealer and are looking for an in-house alternative. I doubt one exists, but I thought I'd ask.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not something we need, it's just one of those hassles that would be worth a couple grand getting set up to do ourselves.

for that price all you can get is a setup with pigment ink, aqueous receptive vinyl, laminated everything and pray it holds up . . . you could set that way up for just a little over $100 probably but it really isn't nearly as durable as you are looking for.