Rip_frannie

Lower head

after cleaning the head should go back and park on it's own when enter is pressed.  you want to get it parked within about 15 min to prevent drying the heads out

are the heads in contact with the capping stations?   - on my fc540 there was a 3 position lever for head height but I don't thing that is what it is referring to.

Yeah it's right on them. Don't see and space at all. I even shined a light in there. On the bottom of the roller where the lines and everything's located behind there are two plastic dials. But I didn't move them

Got it Dakota. On the part where the blade for shearing is there is a small lever. It is marked with a green sticker. The up position is position 2 for thicker material, the lower is position 1 for thinner stuff. Thanks for responding.

Dakota on a test print should it print clear across the vinyl sheet? It only prints a small amount but it's very detailed like on the Manual pic.

should be like this

this one needs the black head replaced and there is someting going on with the rest but it gives you an idea

post-2742-0-41670100-1369091554_thumb.jp

Ok. I should test on white then? Used red and the black is really dark. Can't see the others that well. It was red oracke

Dakota. I was wondering about making decals. Like for my dirtbike. What vinyl would I have to buy ? And also what's the best top covers I could get to preserve the ink?

get the convex material for a dirtbike and thier matching laminate

Dakota u are the man hahaha gonna make sure I got everything good before I buy that. Don't want to practice in that material hahaha.

you will find a lot of the media is pricey and while you can laminate with a big squeegee you will quickly want a laminator

find a local printer willing to show you the ropes.  this is nothing like printing from your desktop printer LOL You have entered a world almost a foriegn as when you first touched a vector graphic.

Will do Dakota. People around here are dicks though. Never want to show anyone anything. So doing alot of reading, video and tutorial watching. When I get my program from roland. Guess it will be trial and error.

An expensive trial and error - Guess I was lucky to have some good friends with printers to learn from - we still help each other out regularly.