Sign in to follow this  
twister23m

Downloading fonts

can any of you guys send me a bunch of fonts and tell me how to save them in flexi so I can use them. I found a couple sites where it says free fonts but when I extract them to flexi, They are just not there. Maybe its the way I am doing it. One site is simply the best fonts it has a place where you can click to download the fonts but I cant get them into flexi and get them accessible. Thanks for any help.

John

You have to go to the windows control panel - fonts folder and then click install new font.Hit the browse button and go to the folder where you downloaded the fonts.Hit select and windows will install the fonts.After you restart your computer the fonts should be available in flexi.

You shouldn't have to restart the computer,just Flexi. It loads the fonts on start-up. The rest of the advice is spot-on.

Oh,I bought a DVD with 50,000 fonts on ebay for $8 incl ship that has saved my butt a bunch of times.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-000-True-Type-Fonts-Collection-on-DVD-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ190090949438QQcategoryZ26254QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Worth every penny! But if you don't want to wait for the DVD.here is also 50,000 fonts that you get via digital delivery:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Comprehensive-50-000-FONT-DVD-adobe-macromedia-fonts_W0QQitemZ270097950223QQcategoryZ80341QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good deal either way. Trust me on this one.

You don't have all of them installed do you?I have something like 2300 fonts installed and when I boot flexi,I usually go fix me a cup of coffee because it takes so long to read the fonts.