SeeJaysPlace

question " Printing the negitive "

I just got my screen printing press today..

quick stupid question maybe:

I put the plastic paper for the neg in my printer in a inkjet printer

and i set it up to lay as much ink down as posible

question is .. is there a way to have it dry fast.. and it's leaving some lines when printing

if you look on boggers between the O and the G's and the E.. there is a little line

seejaysplace@gmail.com

Thanks2012-07-20_18-00-01_249.jpg

• Like 1

I would think one would be able to take an exacto, and scratch that little line off carefully- light will then not be blocked by it when you expose your screen and maybe not effect the emulsion...

I called my tech support lol and he informed me i was printing on the wrong side of the paper lol..

Silly Begginner mistakes ..

• Like 2

Tommorow i'm going to atempt to make a screen.. lol

Have to tranform my bathroom into a dark room lol

What kind of film are you using? I usually get a dab of water on my finger and thumb and touch both sides of an upper corner of my film, and the side that is "sticky" is the side that goes "up" in my printer... I still make rookie mistakes too (still am a rookie at screen printing myself!)!! :rolleyes: If you can cover the windows in your work room with shades or heavy curtains and get yellow lights (I have fluorescent lights with yellow covers) you don't have to hang out in the bathroom... Good luck with your screen, and let us know how it goes!! B)

I stayed up till 12am tonight just to see.. if i turn off all my lights if i can use my kitchen to make my screens and night.. and it looks good.. tommrow i'm going to try to make a screen :)

i have the sheet of negitive that came in my kit from Ryonet

this is the kit i got

http://www.silkscree...om/product/1008

i used to work 3rd shift for many many years and i have some curtins i used to use that lets 0 light thru

so i could sleep during the day.. I'm going to put them up in the bathroom maybe.. :) and see how it works :)

I'm going to pratice a month or so maybe before i try to take on real orders for shirts!..

I have to learn all the color seperations and all that still with photshop

:)

this is what happends when i print on the right side of the film lol .. thanks to my phone a freind that i can call at anytime if i have problems :)

Thank you!!! no lines and it came out dry!! lol

2012-07-20_17-26-23_103.jpg

• Like 1