patbax2

Corel Draw X3 error

Just got in a new Graphtec ce5000-60 that came with all the necessary items for the beginner. It came with Corel Draw x3 and the plug-in Cutting Master 2 for it. Everything is installed and working, but the menu in Corel Draw doesn't show the cut function. I think all the plugins for corel work through Microsoft Visual Basic, so I look over in tools and go down to the visual basic option and an error message comes up that says "errors occured during load". Everytime i shut corel draw down and try to go to the visual basic tab the same error comes up. Visual basic came on the disc and was installed with corel draw. Any ideas on a fix for this? Ive tried to delete and reinstall corel draw and same thing happens.

When you refer to the menu in CorelDraw, do you mean the drop down menu which should display CuttingMaster, when you click on the launcher in top toolbar (rocket icon) ?

u can go to graphtec website and download it. thats what i had to do

You mean download cutting master? It seems to be working fine. I think the problem is with visual basic.

Ok guys I got the problem fixed. For anyone that may run across this in the future, the problem was in the Microsoft .NET framework. I had .net framework 4 on my pc and it is supossed to take the place of all the previous versions. But it evidently it doesn't always work out that way. I had to delete all traces of .net framework and download and install all of the prevoius versions up to 4. After all that, everything is working like a charm.

Hummingbird- you probably have just a jpeg or other bmp raster file in corel, you only get that error when there are no vectors available.