MattS

How Many

I have a couple differnt clip art programs that have it all organized for me. You just type in what you are looking for and it will find it for you.

i have some organized, but my thing is when i bring stuff to my desktop to work with ....when i'm done i don't remember which folder they were in and i end up putting them in one of the other ones, so now i have dupes of the same eps....lol and it takes alot of time to sift through all of them so maybe one of these days....lol

i have some organized, but my thing is when i bring stuff to my desktop to work with ....when i'm done i don't remember which folder they were in and i end up putting them in one of the other ones, so now i have dupes of the same eps....lol and it takes alot of time to sift through all of them so maybe one of these days....lol

Solutions... buy a small external hard drive, and just carry it from home to work. Since .eps files are so small, a 40gb would work great, can be powered by a usb cable only, and probably only about $30.00!

Excellent idea.

We use 80Gb two and half inch laptop drives in a small case.

To move data to and from unconnected computers.

The case costs less than $10.00 from our local supplier.

Fits into your palm (well almost but it is small and thin)

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Between eps, ai, and a few others I am around 40,000 and trying to organize all of them.  It has been a long process and has taken many hours but I think I am getting it.

I keep everything on a 80gig external pocket drive. 

Don't really know how much I have but my biggest problem is that there are probably a couple of thousand that just have #'s for names. It's probably gonna take me a while to go thru everyone, rename, and then organize. Sometimes I take more time finding an .EPS file on my computer than it does to finiish the whole design :P

Don't really know how much I have but my biggest problem is that there are probably a couple of thousand that just have #'s for names. It's probably gonna take me a while to go thru everyone, rename, and then organize. Sometimes I take more time finding an .EPS file on my computer than it does to finiish the whole design :)

Thats sucks  :P

I worked with this friend of mine and he would just do that. All his files were random numbers and letters. Sometimes when he did photoshop artworks, he would just download an image from the internet and work on that and the name would be 17630hgfts89765enthfy65 and that sucked and the worst thing, he would never saves layers, just an jpg of the final work, so if there was to be a change it would be impossible to 1. find the file  2. make changes as there were no layers.