maverick5754

MH721 problems (go figure huh?..lol)

I have a MH721 cutter bought in '07. I have replaced the motherboard recently and tech support set me up. It has worked fine until my last 2 cut jobs. It stops in the middle of a cut. When it does this, I notice that the "reading file" screen on the computer is moving slowly as it reads, then suddenly races across and the cutter stops. Also, I watched the LCD screen on the cutter and it shows weird writing or goes blank all together. Its grounded in 3 places...usb connected...etc. Another bad motherboard or computer issues? I can turn the cutter off and instead of setting back to force 100 anspeed 24, it holds my previous setting, which it has never done before.

I have a MH721 cutter bought in '07. I have replaced the motherboard recently and tech support set me up. It has worked fine until my last 2 cut jobs. It stops in the middle of a cut. When it does this, I notice that the "reading file" screen on the computer is moving slowly as it reads, then suddenly races across and the cutter stops. Also, I watched the LCD screen on the cutter and it shows weird writing or goes blank all together. Its grounded in 3 places...usb connected...etc. Another bad motherboard or computer issues? I can turn the cutter off and instead of setting back to force 100 anspeed 24, it holds my previous setting, which it has never done before.

Have you upgraded the memory in this cutter?

Have you upgraded the memory in this cutter?

I wasn't aware that you can upgrade memory. I've never had a memory issue before. It's worked great since '07. Are there software updates that i'm not aware of?...and where do you find those?

I wasn't aware that you can upgrade memory. I've never had a memory issue before.

Yes you can, e-mail support and they can send you a stick.

http://www.uscutter....tters_p_34.html

Make sure to either use a keyspan, or your serial cable that came with that cutter if your having issues

Thanks!,,at least thats a start

Can the memory be "reset" or "cleared" making the machine usuable until I can get a memory stick?

Can the memory be "reset" or "cleared" making the machine usuable until I can get a memory stick?

no, It is cleared, whenever you turn the cutter off and unplug the USB cable, that is all you can do. I always turned my cheaper cutter off after each job. Then back on for the next job. To dump the data.

It could still be static in the area. Some people use Static Guard and spray around the area, and a dryer sheet in the vinyl roll, Best to be on serial too.

• Like 1

no, It is cleared, whenever you turn the cutter off and unplug the USB cable, that is all you can do. I always turned my cheaper cutter off after each job. Then back on for the next job. To dump the data.

It could still be static in the area. Some people use Static Guard and spray around the area, and a dryer sheet in the vinyl roll, Best to be on serial too.

Thanks. I've tried the Static guard and dryer sheet, still no luck. It's like it only loads up a partial job when its reading the file then it stops loading. DRIVING ME INSANE! I can watch the computer screen and watch the progress bar slowly advance, then suddenly race across the screen. I know then that it isnt going to cut the entire job.

I am on a laptop so I have no serial port.

Thanks. I've tried the Static guard and dryer sheet, still no luck. It's like it only loads up a partial job when its reading the file then it stops loading. DRIVING ME INSANE! I can watch the computer screen and watch the progress bar slowly advance, then suddenly race across the screen. I know then that it isnt going to cut the entire job.

I am on a laptop so I have no serial port.

You can find USB to serial cables everywhere. A Keyspan adapter is the best. Radio shack, EBAY, UScutter, many many places online. .

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

• Like 1

I have been on mission lately to debug a problem I had with parts of my file not being cut.

In summary, it wasn't static or memory but more likely Signcut Pro.

I have a US Cutter Refine MH 721. I running XP and CorelDraw X4. I was using Signcut Pro but was having difficulties on larger file size cuts. It would skip over large portions. Sometimes it would just misbehave. So I grounded everything, didn't fix it. I bought the larger memory, didn't fix it. I installed Signblazer 6.05, fixed. Not exactly sure what the root cause is but has to do with how data is being transfered to the plotter.

Signblazer 6.05 does not have the Refine drivers but I'm using RedSail RS720C which is working very well (note: The DMPL driver worked by the scaling was slightly larger than actual size (1"x1" was more like (1.01" x 1.01")).

After all this research, I decided to make it more simple for newbies. If you want the latest and best version of Signblazer Elements with a crack that gets rid of trial mode, visit www.mystat.com and scroll down to the bottom.

We added a helpful user guide for MH series cutters that addresses memory upgrading, grounding issues, loud printing, rip software and others:

http://www.mystat.com/user-guide-tips-fixes-uscutter-mh.pdf

cheers.

Put in a support request, tell them you need a memory module............... Ask for Levi!!!!! HE'S THE MAN!