nickl333

Inkscape to Signcut X2

Hello Everyone,

I downloaded inkscape and ive got the sticker cutter program (signcut X2)

however the image will not go from inkscape to signcut X2.

I think i may be saving it as the wrong file type (what would you suggest)

and also i have a small concern about images in inkscape being truley flat for another program to read (like you flattern in photoshop) is there something i have to do to the image before saving it and sending it to the cutter program?

And lastly,

if i was to create 2 objects that overlap eachother how would i make them into one image that would cut as 1 item and not 2 seperate)

I no this is really basic but people don't teand to have tutorials on obscure things liuke sending from inkscape to signcut.

thank you so much for taking the time to read this

Kind regards Lucy

Gee, I would be glad to help you but I only use SC and Corel.  I cannot guide you to using ink scape but many here do I am sure hopefully someone will chime in for you.

i always save the final image as an EPS format then open it up in signcut. Ive never had to "flatten" anything from inkscape in order to cut. As far as your 2 objects to 1 question, it kinda depends on the image i would think. A simple "union" may work but it would really depend on the look you were going for, IMO. It may require the "difference" feature or some node editing after you do the union.

thanks to you both, i realise this may be a problem with signcut,

i try to import and it quickly flashes as if its going to do something but does not.

and i go to open in signcut and the screen flashes and it does not open anything,

so i went back to my old software (SIGNBLAZER) Aand tried opening it in that but that also did the same thing, i am puzzled.

i am going to try and uninstall+ re-install everything

but anybody who has had similar problems would you kindly tell me if you no the answer to these issues or weather its my software,

Kind regards Lucy.

Are there any bitmaps in the file?

If so remove them and try again.

Paco