Sign in to follow this  
katie@fm

registration marks

I am using a graphtec craft robo pro.

I would like to be able to set my registration marks and proceed with my job.

However I keep getting the same message:

Mark error.

Can someone walk me through this? Maybe I am not putting them in the correct place.

Katie@FM

Sorry for the late reply. The most common reason for the mark read error is not a wide enough of a margin around the marks. If I run into this, I use masking tape to make the page I'm trying to contour cut a bit bigger. I tape each side with two layers. It works well. You can also just tape some paper on to extend the margins too; whatever works for you. The important thing is that there's enough room for the cutter to move the media to read the marks but not get the mark read error due to the material not being big enough.

This hasn't been an issue since I started using RoboMaster Pro for print/cut. It places the registration marks automatically and even grays out areas where graphics can't be placed, and has a red line you have to keep the cutting lines inside of. It works well. The only boundary I'm not crazy about is the rear one; it's over 2". I'm coming up with a simple cardstock jig to add extra room to the back so I can utilize the whole printing sheet.

Is there anyone using Cutting Master to create multi-layer graphics from CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator? It would help if Graphtec had SAI to place Reg Mark option in the cut menu like Flexi.