Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

For all you guys with websites for your business

I have been looking to start up my website, and boy oh boy does the price vary on what you depend to do with it.  I also do laser cutting and engraving so I have a larger products catalog

On one hand a simple 5 page layout from go daddy might do the trick to start.  Give people a way to see my work and contact for the products.

But also, if I want to sell products from the site, accept credit cards, with SEO, this turns into a $250 +/yr investment.

For you guys with the big websites, do you see good results?  So far the guys I talk to locally, the expensive websites are not turning any profits.

Would be curious with your experiences.  Thanks.

I use 3ix.com I have the expert package about $30 every 6 months you get a free domain as well. I use Zen cart 100% free I have about 1500 products into store. I hope this helps you good luck. Btw I build my own sites so I didn't have to pay someone

I too built my own and host some too. I use wordpress. Gives a nice professional look with only as much effort as you want to put into customizations. I then use ECWID for my cart solution. The free version is limited on number of items. If it starts paying for itself then I may switch to the paid version and add more stuff.

i use hostgator for my hosting which is $10 a month and gives me unlimited everything. then i use zen cart for my site which is free.