Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Newbie!

Hello, I am new to all of the vinyl printing..

I got my Cutter today..followed the instruction manual on the forum to a T for setup.

I printed text with the pen tool in the cutter...Worked like a charm....

Tried printing an EPS file in Signblazer and it printed a square box...or it cut a square box...When I open the EPS file I see it, then I click CUT and don;t see it anymore..

What am I doing wrong..please be gentle as I am new to all of this.

Thanks in advance...

Hopefully I will be able to help newbies in the future....

Hello, I am new to all of the vinyl printing..

I got my Cutter today..followed the instruction manual on the forum to a T for setup.

I printed text with the pen tool in the cutter...Worked like a charm....

Tried printing an EPS file in Signblazer and it printed a square box...or it cut a square box...When I open the EPS file I see it, then I click CUT and don;t see it anymore..

What am I doing wrong..please be gentle as I am new to all of this.

Thanks in advance...

Hopefully I will be able to help newbies in the future....

Welcome St. Louis, and good luck, I was a newbie once too. Now I can help people occasionally with some knowledge gained from this board and practical experience.

What kind of cutter do you have? I know it's hard to break the 'print' habit since you're using a cutter hehe.

I use SignCut Productivity Pro but there are a lot of SBE experts around. Good luck with it.

when you hit the cutter button (in sb), it should give you a preview of what section your about to cut, if not, make sure you have the proper layer selected (upper left side), also check the size, it shows at the bottom of the screen the object dimensions

What are of St. Louis? (I'm down in soco)

when you hit the cutter button (in sb), it should give you a preview of what section your about to cut, if not, make sure you have the proper layer selected (upper left side), also check the size, it shows at the bottom of the screen the object dimensions

I'm in soco also....Maybe I could talk to you on the phone about this or maybe do a webex or something?

I'm in soco also....Maybe I could talk to you on the phone about this or maybe do a webex or something?

Man i need to read what i post!

Either that or sleep before posting!

Replied to your email, I'm 'on vacation' this week, should have some free time if you need it

In your cutter sceen there are 2 boxes (weed all and weed each copy ) If they are checked and there is a value greater than zero then it will cut or draw a box around your design.

In your cutter sceen there are 2 boxes (weed all and weed each copy ) If they are checked and there is a value greater than zero then it will cut or draw a box around your design.

Thanks!

Now if I could only figure out why it is pulling up the vinyl when printing smaller text or graphics... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Now if I could only figure out why it is pulling up the vinyl when printing smaller text or graphics... :thumbsup:

this may be a limitation of the cutter, can you give an example of what you're trying to cut? (Upload an image or give the height, font and text you're trying to cut)....