ainakeaboy

Color picture to vector silhouette instructions

Did a search but couldnt find topics on how to make a silhouette of somebodys picture not just an outline . Anyone has experience in doing this ?thanks 

Hello, You may need to specify the cutter software and other graphical programs that you use before anybody can help you.

Well it would be great if it can be done in SB but i just wanted to know the general idea behind doing it on any software . I just try to vectorize in SB but it doesnt come out very good . So any help on how to do it on any programs would be appreciated. Thanks

I was actually looking for a "lazy mans way" of doing it . I guess there is no way around doing it node by node by node by node ........ well off i go to do a custom order i have . Will post pics of finished product.

I was actually looking for a "lazy mans way" of doing it . I guess there is no way around doing it node by node by node by node ........ well off i go to do a custom order i have . Will post pics of finished product.

We call that Joecamaro - he does great work for hire!

Find a sketch program and it will turn picture into lines for you.  I made one of my son and used it as a decal and then used a metaza impact printer to make a dog tag.  Both were accurate.  I found a free program on zdnet. Easiest way for me, but I'm not a very technical person or creative like the others here.  :huh: