MaDeucePaint

File is cutting twice and yes I did use the serach button...

Sounds like there is two layers try holding the mouse down and sliding one layer over or go to view and look at it in wire frame and see f you can see anything?

• Like 1

Sounds like AI is tracing the black AND white. An easy solution is when you go to cut, just cut the black. Otherwise, in AI, ungroup, from pathfinder, outline, ungroup again, ignore overlap in pathfinder (this is purely from memory, so I could be off).

I have had a similar thing happen. My file is a simple outline of a star, like so: . The cutting head goes over the outline twice for some season. I have checked in Ai and the art is one single vector with a 1 point stoke. There is absolutely nothing else in the file.

I've also searched and found various people with this same problem, but no concrete solutions mentioned other than checking the artwork for extra lines. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Edit: I'm using the US Cutter MH871 with the included SIgnBlazer program.

Not sure what cutter or program your using but in the cut window there is a setting for how many passes you want the cutter to make I think it's under the advanced tab

MM64 B)

I'm using the US Cutter MH871 with the included SIgnBlazer program. I'm a real newb with cutters, but experienced with line art and Ai.

I was hoping there might be a setting like the one you mentioned. I will take a closer look next time.

Thank you MrMopar64!

I'm using the US Cutter MH871 with the included SIgnBlazer program. I'm a real newb with cutters, but experienced with line art and Ai.

I was hoping there might be a setting like the one you mentioned. I will take a closer look next time.

Thank you MrMopar64!

The only thing I can find in Sign Blazer that MIGHT cause this would be the Duplicate Position under Perferances

MM64

The only thing I can find in Sign Blazer that MIGHT cause this would be the Duplicate Position under Perferances

MM64

Yes, um, under Settings>Preferences I see a section called "Duplicate Position". There is no checkmark to un-check, only the heading and two numerical text fields marked "vertical" and "horizontal" under-which .08 is entered.

I suppose this may be what you're referring to? And it seems it may well be the culprit.

Since I can't uncheck the preference like I would expect, I will enter 0 and see if that gets rid of the the second pass.

Yes, um, under Settings>Preferences I see a section called "Duplicate Position". There is no checkmark to un-check, only the heading and two numerical text for "vertical" and "horizontal" under-which .08 is entered.

I suppose this may be what you're referring to? And it seems it may well be the culprit.

Since I can't uncheck the preference like I would expect, I will enter 0 and see if that gets rid of the the second pass.

Yeah the way I understood it was that if you set it to 0 it would still go around twice but cut the same line

MM64 B)

Yeah the way I understood it was that if you set it to 0 it would still go around twice but cut the same line

MM64 B)

OK, huh, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off. Just a couple of fields for the offset. Weird.

I do have a thin stroke in the Ai file, with about a 1point thickness, just so I can see it. You don't suppose that it would cut both edges of the stroke width do you. It's just one line.

OK, huh, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off. Just a couple of fields for the offset. Weird.

I do have a thin stroke in the Ai file, with about a 1point thickness, just so I can see it. You don't suppose that it would cut both edges of the stroke width do you. It's just one line.

I can't say for sure but I think it could... just remove it and give it a try

MM64 B)

Do you think weeding options could have something to do with it?

post the file here and have someone look at it.

the duplicate option you are messing with has nothing to do with it. it is for when you duplicate an object on the screen it places it off to the side instead of directly on top of the copied object.

You have a duplicate on the outer part of the star. I ungrouped the image and used the direct select tool on the outer edge and deleted it. Looks like that's all you have to do.

if your design was traced using Live trace is Illy, it'll trace both black and white, you'll just have to delete one, or select only to cut the black.

if your design was traced using Live trace is Illy, it'll trace both black and white, you'll just have to delete one, or select only to cut the black.

Best way around this is to use the "simple trace" or "one color logo" preset in the live trace tool bar. Will only trace the black, acting as if the white is transparent.

• Like 1