tomcat17

pleas help me

can someone tell me if i have to trace or vectorize a zip file or can i just change the zip to a eps file im trying to cut a image from this sight and it keeps telling me it contains a bitmap when i inport it form adobd photo shop elemnts 5.0  thank you for the help

A .zip file is compressed to reduce the size it takes up and the time it takes to download.  A .zip file can contain a file of any type - or it may include lots of files.  I am guessing that since you are getting the file into your cutting program you have gotten over the hurdle of "unzipping" the .zip file.  To make a bitmap cuttable you need to trace it or vectorize it and then export it to a vector file format  -- .eps is one such format.  After tracing the bitmap you need to delete the bitmap before exporting just the vector image to an.eps.

What is the file extension of the file you are working with?

-Mike

First, you have to extract the zip file and determine what type of extension the file is. If it's not a "real" eps, meaning a non-vectored image just resaved as eps will not cut. You'll need to vectorize the image.