three47b

Are they all Capable

Hello all, I want to say thank you, In advance for any helpful advice I receive on this thread. My question to the members of this thread goes as follows: I'm looking to buy a new cutter, I would like a cutter that will be able to make signs and banners, but also cut auto tint and decals. I was just wondering if all cutters had these capabilities ,or if I had to purchase separate machines for each task? Any suggestions for a new machine, in the under $700 range would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you're planning on doing window tint, you will need a 60 inch cutter. But it will do all you need short of doing full color vehicle wraps. But I don't think you will find a 60 for 700.

Thanks for the response! Is a value cutter worth getting for a beginner who is just starting out, but also capable of handling a decent workload if called to do so? Again thanks!

Guest sciondrgn

I started out with a 36" PCUT machine and used it for 2 years before getting my Graphtec and it served me well.. I don't see anything wrong with starting out with a value machine. Most of us here did the same thing.  I never cut tint with mine but I dont see why they wouldnt

I cut about 2-3 hours daily with my refines and they keep on ticking.  Some people have problems lately though so I donno if I can feel good about recommending them to others, but they sure have worked out good for me.

They have payed for themselves over and over and over again, and I have used them to grow my business to the point that I need to move on to something better soon.  But...they keep running so I keep putting off buying a new cutter and I keep using the money for other things.

That said, if you can swing it for a basic cutter.....I would go with the copam.  Its a step above the refines, and would be first purchase if I had it to do all over.  The only reason I don't buy one of those is I am going to want to start contour cutting and it doesn't have an optical eye, so i am going to go with a green machine or a graphtech.

I started out with a 36" PCUT machine and used it for 2 years before getting my Graphtec and it served me well.. I don't see anything wrong with starting out with a value machine. Most of us here did the same thing.  I never cut tint with mine but I dont see why they wouldnt

+1  refine and p-cut paid for copam - copam paid for graphtec