Sign in to follow this  
transcendapparel

Hwelp if u can? I keep getting this message when in signcut!

Please help, while trying to import simple text into signcut from AI, i get the error message ( all tiles are deactivated ) not sure what to do or what this message means? I am able to open other text that i have made in the past and i am saving it the same way. Anyone ideas? Thanks for your time.

Andy

I am not into AI but is there an option with this certain file where you can swicth on or off layers in AI?

As it looks like this is the problem.

Paco

Please help, while trying to import simple text into signcut from AI, i get the error message ( all tiles are deactivated ) not sure what to do or what this message means? I am able to open other text that i have made in the past and i am saving it the same way. Anyone ideas? Thanks for your time.

Andy

I have yet to successfully import anything into signcut, the only way I am able to get things to work is to use the plugin for illustrator that looks like it just copy/pastes things over. Its crude but it gets the job done.

Eli are you talking about this?  If I have an image in AI and I highlight the image then go to file then the menu comes up and right near the bottom it says send to sign cut all I do is click on that and it sends it to sign cut in a flash and works great?

Have you run the sign cut updates?

Eli,

If you're trying to import anything created in AI into SignCut, you'll have to save it in Version 8 or older.

Eli,

If you're trying to import anything created in AI into SignCut, you'll have to save it in Version 8 or older.

Ah that explains it, stupid cs4 files lol

I just use the Send to Signcut pluggin, works fine.

Actually the plugin optimizes the file by downsaving it, converting the text to curves and exports it without compression. If you save you files into the Signcut Import directory using the same methods manually then you may open Signcut click import and your last file saved in the import directory will be opened.

Actually the plugin optimizes the file by downsaving it, converting the text to curves and exports it without compression. If you save you files into the Signcut Import directory using the same methods manually then you may open Signcut click import and your last file saved in the import directory will be opened.

Hmm my text stays as text and not curves, maybe thats the issue with it cutting those triangles on every corner...