Sign in to follow this  
tservice

POS transfer tape

I purchased clear transfer tape by Clear Choice irontically the label states "Now with static and increased transfer power". This stuff is a pain to get it to pull up the vinyl to transfer it.

does it do this way on all vinyl? I use 2 or 3 different types of tape and it seems like it all works ok except on one or two types of vinyl..so I am beginning to suspect that it isn't the tape but the vinyl.

I have used it on diamond plate and reflective vinyl. I have other tape on these vinyls before no problem. What are your thoughts Banner?

i had some problems a while back and realized that during weeding i was getting hand and finger oils all over the vinyl and the tape wouldn't stick to very well. everything's ok now.  daniel t

Thanks DT but I try to keep my fingers off of the vinyl that is staying. I don't think that this is the case for me. When I pull the tape and vinyl up to transfer I have to be very careful or the vinyl will not pull up. Of course I an still new, but this has not happened to me with other tape.

when you have eliminated all that is not possible, you will have your answer. good luck  and happy cutting.  daniel t

Personally I have never found a Clear tape that works as well as regular paper tape.Clear tape is more expensive and not suitable for everyjob. Right tool for the right job. Clear tape has a purpose but for general work I prefer paper.

Most I know use clear tape for two things tight registation on multicolor jobs and RTA Decals for retail display. For the retail display there is not really an alternative but for registration there are many solutions but thats another topic.

Personally I have never found a Clear tape that works as well as regular paper tape.Clear tape is more expensive and not suitable for everyjob. Right tool for the right job. Clear tape has a purpose but for general work I prefer paper.

Most I know use clear tape for two things tight registation on multicolor jobs and RTA Decals for retail display. For the retail display there is not really an alternative but for registration there are many solutions but thats another topic.

I agree 100%. I keep 1 roll of clear and I almost never use it.

I have a few bait shops and gas stations that sell my decals around the area. I always use clear transfer tape on small decals for retail sale so the customer can see what they are getting. But you wouldn't believe it, I see people with my decals around and I'd say 10% of them leave the transfer tape on like its part of the decal  :angry: My packaging come with instruction and still people do wierd things!

I have a few bait shops and gas stations that sell my decals around the area. I always use clear transfer tape on small decals for retail sale so the customer can see what they are getting. But you wouldn't believe it, I see people with my decals around and I'd say 10% of them leave the transfer tape on like its part of the decal  ;) My packaging come with instruction and still people do wierd things!

hehehehe  ;D ;D ;D

I use clear choice all the time. Never had a problem. I usually do clear for customer applied jobs and paper for my jobs, but I dont mind using clear at all.

We did a 3 layer job today and used the clear tape. I found that if I pull the backing from the tape it would do better than pull the tape from the backing. If that makes any sense or not.