Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

A couple things with cutting.

Ok so here are 2 pics of 2 different things i decided to do for my first few cuts.  The big letters cam out fine other than the fact that the paper is slightly cut making it hard as hell to lift the letters off with the Application tape.  The second picture is the one i just cut but the cutter again seems to not be finishing cuts(but only seems to be a problem with small letters), but does come off easily with the application tape.

Now when i say small letters the whole second pic is small letters.

My cutter is the MH 721 and ive had it for about a week.

First Pic the vinyl is BGS and the second pic is the Oracal.

secondhandrosebanner.th.jpg

lonstarcardecal.th.jpg

you can still fine tune your offset  going  at .05  increments  + AND -    .25 is not a given, but very  close

also your vinyl must be running straight,,  and the type of vinyl, and thickness will make a difference...

well how come it worked fine on the big letters (BGS) and not so well on the smaller letters (Oracal 651).  im also guessing maybe my pressure is still a little much, because there is like nothing of the blade showing.

If yer cutting thru the backing paper you got too much pressure going on. Also I've been having issues with the BGS vinyl not releasing from the backing paper as well, the Oracal stuff is much better.  A very wise nice person on this forum gave me a hint, flip your cut decal over, squeegie the backside of it and pull the backing paper off at a hard angle as opposed to pulling it from the front and that helped alot too.

Ben

i guess my next thing is why on some of the smaller letters does it not complete the cut(it does go around enough but cuts a little lower than where it started).  But is not on all the letters just some.

I would try playing with the offset.  On my machine even tho the blades recommend .25 im running .15 offset and that works best for me.  Take a couple of feet of vinyl and load it into your machine, write the word TEST in a few different sizes with a box around each one and cut them all at .05 and then at .10 and keep going until its perfect, then go PAST perfect till it starts to screw up again and then you'll know what setting is best for your machine and blade. I found adjusting the offset helped ALOT with the weeding as well so its worth a few hours and a few feet of vinyl to get it dialed in.

Ben

Thats what ill try.  oracal comes off soo much better with the application tape, but i still have a little problem with a few letters not coming up with the application tape the first couple of trys.

your transfer tape could be a part of that problem..what kind are you using? Ive found clear tapes can be a pain to get everything to lift, I squeegee the heck out of it right before I roll the backing off with the decal face down, just pay close attention cause if you leave one behind you want to catch it before its to late.