Sign in to follow this  
allceasons

vinyl catalogs

Hello All,

I am a newbie who just got my first vinyl cutter. So far I have only played around with it and the practice vinyl that I ordered with it. Now I am looking to buy some nice vinyl to start doing vehicle lettering. I have no idea where to start. I see that 3M, Oracal and Avery are the suggested brands of vinyl, but I want to know more about each type they offer. When I go to the web sites... I see a list of vinyls I can order but I would like to research the differences. Does anyone know how or where I can get a catalog from each company? I would appreciate any input anyone has on vinyl and on how to get a catalog.

Thank you!

Fellers will send you a catalog as well as the vinyl sample catalog. I know a few other companys will do it as well. If you google vinyl suppliers or something like that you may come up with a list of stores. I have always found this forum a wealth of information for alot of different things. I would rather go by others experience with different types of vinyl rather than the written word from the company who makes the vinyl. I have read on a few different forums that avery is NO GOOD, 3M is the best, shinerite is ok and oracle is very good. I use oracle most of the time but I do have some shinerite.

Guest manwayvan

Hey this is the basic... Oracal is great vinyl and I have never had an issue with it. However I got introduced to shinerite check out(http://www.signdesignsupplies.com/) they have great pricing and it is really good vinyl..Never had an issue plus the guy throws in a squeege with your orders.

I have used Oracal and www.signdesignsupplies.com. If I'm in a hurry I pick up Oracal at a local distributor. I have ordered 18 rolls from Sign Design Supplies and am very happy with the quality and the quick shipping. I order and usually have my vinyl next day. He is located in TN & I'm in KY so that helps. He usually ships same day if you order by 12 Noon Est it seems

Guest round2racing

Bama,

Billy at SignDesignSupplies is the greatest.

I got some bad vinyl off of an auction site, but I tried his and fell in love with it.

His app tape is GREAT.  Just the right amount of tack.

I will have to try his tape once I run low on my current roll. I bought a 300' roll  of 24" from USCutter when I got my Pcut. Still got lots left to use!

Is Billy on the forums here? He has definately taken care of me so far and the vinyl quality is very nice!!