Sign in to follow this  
ambrummer

First SMALL gig.

So I posted about the turfpro graphic being my first gig.  I had another come up yesterday that wanted to be done today... The graphic is below.  They wanted 2, but, claim that as soon as the rest of the family sees it I'll get tons of business (I'll believe it when I see it).  Anyhow, I charged 10 a piece and did free installation (they're my next door neighbors and to be honest I didnt trust them to do it themselves.)

What do you think?

post-5634-12986542343967_thumb.jpg

post-5634-12986542357085_thumb.jpg

p.s. weeding was a PAIN in the A$$... any tips on this type of intricate weeding?  (the decal ended up about 7in wide by 3.5 tall)

That sounds about right, I'd probably be at $25 so you were close.

Never buy the ol' "you'll get tons of business from me once my friends see it", never works.

Yep... sure is nice getting paid... CASH is especially nice.

Anyhow... I could have chosen an easier font, but, that's the look they wanted and I needed the practice.

Aaron

Guest manwayvan

I am by no means an expert( been in the biz bout a month) but your pricing is right for me. Everyones overhead is diff so its best to set down and come up with set pricing. It makes you seem more legit when it comes to decals. And your best bet for business is to get some business cards and pass them out to everyone and I mean everyone. I got 250 for 5.00 from vista print. Ever since I got out and started advertising I have not stopped cuttin. You would be amazed at how many ppl want things done but if your area is like mine no one knows where to go to get it. Thank god for the country. Also what font was that I like it.

Guest kenya

Very nice job.

$20 for 2- 7"x 3 1/2  sounds great.

First of all, your getting more practice & secondly, why not give alittle break to start.

Your prices don't have to be set in stone. You may get some more work from the neighbor. If not, you got paid for practicing.  :thumbsup: