Sign in to follow this  
sharperimage

P-Cut blade holder issues

Is there somewhere on here that I can look at a picture of the P-Cut style of blade holder assembled the way it should be? All the posts I can find about this style holder say to install with the black knob down and use this end to adjust the amount of blade that sticks out the bottom for cutting depth. My problem is that when I thread the black knob out that far , it stops contacting tho o-ring seal and there is still an eighth of an inch of blade sticking out.Is this correct? I'm afraid the knob will fall off during cutting. And why is the plunger pin that sticks out the top spring loaded? What is the purpose of this?Do I just adjust the depth of cut by moving the holder down in the carriage and foget about the black knob?

Guest sciondrgn

Here is an image of mine..

The Blade assembly is in the back hole on the carriage and the black adjuster is facing down. Mine is the same way where the black part is just barely on the O-Ring but its never come loose so far.

I do have the blade holder slightly raised in the carriage cause if it was pushed all the way in the blade will rest on the cutting strip and it will rip/tear vinyl..

Mine has been cutting great with it set like this.

post-0-129865130803_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986513101582_thumb.jpg

The blade holder that comes with our Creation cutters is actually a Roland blade holder which is all metal, as opposed to the Creation blade holders that are plastic. So the one you see in the manual is not the actual blade holder that comes with the cutter. Scion's pic is a great example of how it looks when loaded properly.

Maybe the Roland ones are plastic, but it looked more metallic than the Creation blade holders.

Guest sciondrgn

The one I have shown above is metal with the black screw on cap being plasic and it has metal lined inside the threads

Mine works fine, but I will be loookingt to get some spares soon. I've seen Roland has the alloy holder which is the metal one and one called ceramic which looks like the one I got.

I was reading this thread and agreeing on every point my pcut was doing the same thing. This morning i put some drops of oil ( i used some I had sitting around for my rc cars) in the print head and it prints great now! I can't believe it was that simple.

:thanks: