Sign in to follow this  
Topper

Driver Installation Help

Hello, I need some help guys. My cutter was working fine but today i went to cut something and I forgot to plug in the usb cable. So I plugged it in and the add new hardware screen came up and I just closed it. Well now I dont think my computer is communicating with the cutter so I tried to reinstall the drivers but I can't get them installed. I've got the disc in the cd-rom but when I tell it to search for the drivers windows finds some other drivers on c: and not on on the cd-drive. attached is a picture of what happens when I try to install the drivers, any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... oh, I even tried to download new drivers off the support site but when I open the .exe a dos screen comes up with a bunch of "...................................." and then just closes. I dunno.... I'm lost and I want to use my cutter  :'(

post-1969-12986538734126_thumb.jpg

post-1969-12986538734695_thumb.jpg

post-1969-12986538748474_thumb.jpg

post-1969-12986538748865_thumb.jpg

a thought,  did you try turning everything OFF,  computer included,,,  plug in the USB while  computer is off ,  then  turn your computer back on....not trying to be a smart butt,  but I used to have to do that on a different cutter. 

Holy smokes! that actually worked! it let me install the drivers this time sweet!!! Thanks a million for the idea. I had restarted the comp but put the usb back into the comp after it turned on and it wouldn't work. Well, I'm all fixed now thanks again for they reply!  ;)

Guest round2racing

Good thinking Speeddoggy!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)