Sign in to follow this  
Guest spider2076

Having 2 problems..please help!!

Guest spider2076

I have had my pcut for about 1.5 years now. I have had a couple of issues with it since I had it. The first one is that ,at any random time, the blade doesn't lift up all the way when going from one point to another causing a line across whatever was previously cut, wasting the vinyl. If I watch it closely when it starts to do it and manually bump the arm up as soon as it finishes a cut it will get unstuck. Is there any type of adjustment inside the housing that holds the blade?(not the blade holder itself)

The second is that my letters never seem to close off correctly. I have recently tried to adjust the offset point and it isn't any better.

I know these have been previous issues but I would like to know what the most recent fixes, if any, are..??

Thanks

Guest sciondrgn

Mine has done that first issue since I received it,

Ive heard switching over to the serial connection is more stable for cutting but my 36" only has USB, But mine does it on longer cuts with lots of lettering involved. It will stop for a moment like its trying to read more data from the computer then run a slice to the next cut and keep going..

Guest spider2076

I haven't seen mine hesitate at all though.

Guest spider2076

Still having the problems...  anyone???

So you have actually viewed this issue occurring and it is the carriage arm not lifting all the way up? Have you taken off the face plate of the carriage to see if that effects the issue? Sometimes the thumb screw that holes the blade holder into position rubs against the carriage casing.

Paco could also be correct. If taking off the carriage casing doesn't help anything then get some dryer sheets and wipe down your vinyl in between cuts. Let us know how it goes.

Malibu: Open the Device Manager, expand Ports (Com & LPT), double click your port, go tot he second tab, click advanced, check the box that says Serial Printer and click OK. This will probably fix that overflow issue. Send me a PM if this does not completely fix the issue.

Guest spider2076

How does the face plate come off?

It just snaps on and off. I usually would pull from the bottom out, and lift up at the same time.

Guest spider2076

I took the cover off, didn't really see anything wrong. I checked all the screws inside, just gave them a little tweek, it now seems to be functioning better. I'll keep my fingers crossed ;)

I noticed this as soon as I got my cutter. I played with it for  a few hours wondering why it would not slide up and down properly.

The thumbscrew is too long. My fix wwas putting a piece of k'nex on it like a washer to make the screw shorter. No issues ever with it not rising.

Guest spider2076

It definately wasn't the thumb screw for me though... i'll see what happens

You can run the cutter without the cover to see if things go wrong there if the problem happens.

Paco

I had this problem in the winter this year. It turned out that it was static electricity. So I just started to wipe my vinyl down with a dryer sheet before cutting. Or you could always ground your cutter to something.

Dave

Hello,

I am also having the same proble with my Pcut 730.  It is only USB so I can't go serial.  Same description as everyone else.  Sometimes it will cut fine and other times, it will hesitate for a second and then continue, but with eratic lines back and forth throught the same part of the vinyl.  Also, is this thing supossed to be so noisy???

Thanks

The pcut is a fairly loud machine.

You are getting random lines through your cut? Change your flow control to hardware in the Device Manager.

Thanks, but I dont have that option in Device Manager.  It is only USB and is listed under USB ports as Creation USB Board with no such options. 

Thanks