Sign in to follow this  
2fst2c

PCUT CT900 Problems

Hello, I've been fighting some problems with my cutter since I received it a couple months ago. I does not like to complete cuts and is really bad at small text. I have tried different offset setting and different software. I use Sign Blazer and SignCut X2 for cutting. But even if I run a self test cut. The rectangle it cuts out is not square. It looks like the attached image except all the lines are straight, but the lower right hand corner is cut in on an angle and the bottom line sticks out to the right past the right side. The image may not look that great, but it gives you and idea of what I'm talking about. Is it something with the X_scale or Y_scale settings I need to change? I have not messed with them because I'm not sure what they do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

th_testcutdiag.jpg

Thanks Paco, I have tried to move my X-Y adjustments and it doesn't seem to affect it. I guess I'm not 100% as to what I'm doing. I assume the X adjustment handles the horizontal cuts and the Y does the vertical. But by changing the X_scale, will it move the top line cut to the right more to match the bottom line cut or vise-verse? Also, why would the Left vertical line cut fine but the right side cuts down 90% then cuts in to the Bottom line on an angle? The manual is pretty vague about these settings. I thought it could be a software settings problem, but running the test cut without software running leaves me to believe it is a "mechanical" setting within the machine. If you or someone could explain the X_scale adjustment and Y_scale adjustment function. IE Does it lengthen the top line and shorten the bottom at the same time or vise-verse and shorten the Left vertical and lengthen the Right Vertical. Hope some of this makes sense and I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Brian

Check the set screws on your grit rollers and make sure they are still tight, if one of them is a little loose it will cause this because one is running faster than the other when the pressure of the pinch roller is down on it.  They can loosen up during shipping, and if that doesnt fix it, open up the bottom and make sure the drive belts are still adjusted firmly, another shipping caused issue. 

Thank you. I did check the roller set screws, they were tight. I pulled the right side cover off and checked the belt tensions there. I'm not sure if this model had them on the bottom too? There was 2 on the side. 1 operated the rollers, the other operated the head movement. I actually talked to Ken from USCutters last night and he had me adjust my Y_scale setting. It seems to have straightened it out. Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.