metatrox

Siser easyweed price?

I've been looking around and USC appears to be about the cheapest when you include shipping. Is there anywhere else that's cheaper? I have a customer who wants like a 12x12" on the back and a small 3x3" on front. He is providing the shirts. It's just white and about 5-7 min weed time.

What would you charge?

He says he can get them screened for $2.50 each. No way that I could be that cheap.

What is the set up charge to have them screened? - he's leaving info out.  If he provides the shirts I would charge 10.00.  if I provide the shirts they would be 12.00

Or on second thought if I provide the shirts 12.00 . . .if they provide the shirts 14.00 - reason if they are cheap shirts that shrink terribly, fade quickly and they look nasty after a short time I wouldn't want word getting out that I did them!

exactly,,,people are quick to give u the finished price, but always keep in mind, are they giving me art charges, screen charges, and the same quantity as the other guy?

just my two cents.

Never had a good experience with customer provided shirts.  What happens if you make a mistake?  If he can get them printed for $2.50 why is he talking to you?  The product you'll deliver is going to look and last better than plastisol.  Really need to know the quantity to be able to help much.  If there are going to be like 20+ you could probably do plastisol transfers and keep your labor down.  If there are only a few, I'd charge at least $10 each.  Because he will likely be paying $50+ in charges from the other guy anyway.

Like Renegade says, the quantity is what makes the difference.  If he is doing 20 of them on white shirts, and it's only one color, it wouldn't surprise me if he can get them screenprinted for 2.50, but like Nona stated, how much is the screen/setup fee?  At least $20 would be my guess, which still only brings the price up to 3.50 or so.

If they want a very small quantity, (i.e., under 10, which most screenprinters wouldn't do),  $10 each isn't unreasonable.

~$35 is average for 5 yds of Siser, specialty-graphics has it for the same price.  It's about the same for Eco-film and  Thermoflex as well everywhere I buy.

Dakotagrafx : Well It sounds like he has had them done with this guy before. So im not sure if they will charge a setup or not. Very true about the shirts. He gave me one i havent had a chance to look and see what brand or anything though.

Renegade : Im not sure yet what he is looking for in quantity. Yeah he has some shirts that were already made using screen print and they dont look nearly as nice as the vinyl ones i've done for myself. What are plastisol transfers?

midwaste : See i told him i might be able to do them for around$6 just because I dont mind doing it and he is kind of an acquaintance. But i'm not sure yet. We will see. at $6 im making just over double. no real labor cost.

If you are weeding & pressing, then there is always a labor costs.  Your back and eyesight has to have some value.  If he wants over 20 of them, then you can order plastisol tranfers from Ace or First edition for under $2.00 for sure, but depending on the design you might gang them and really get the costs way down.  Plastisol transfers are basically the same as plastisol being printed directly to the shirt except they print to paper and partially cure it so you can heat press them to the shirts as needed.  Can really be great for repeat business because you can get a few extra transfers and simply press another of the identical design whenever they need.  Transfers are fast and easy to use, but I still prefer the look of good vinyl when it makes sense.

FYI, a representative from Imprintables just all-but-confirmed that Spectra Eco-film is the exact same thing as Siser Easyweed.

Guest sciondrgn

FYI, a representative from Imprintables just all-but-confirmed that Spectra Eco-film is the exact same thing as Siser Easyweed.

I love the Spectra Eco Film, thats all i've been using with great results ;D..

Plus Imprintables has been really friendly and the catalog and Color sample ring they sent me is awesome for showing customers the true color of a material versus something printed in a book :thumbsup: