Guest gracewriter

My New Business and hopefully new life.

Good luck on the stopping smoking.  :)I said i would quit when they got to .50 a pack ;D then i said i would quit when they got to .75 a pack, 1.00 a pack etc. etc. etc. Each time i would start back i would smoke more than before. ;D Tried all the fancy stuff, filters, smoke aids, tappering to ligher brands, to no avail. Finally decided in my own head, for my self for christmas, and not because of all the nagging, That i was going to quit and I quit cold turkey.... Hardest thing I have ever done in my life! 10 years later I still wanted one! But now I can not stand to be around it much. And yes I did gain some weight for a while. But then most of it slowly tappered off. You have to believe in your self for it to work. Avoid the things that make you want to smoke the most, and do more of the things that interfered with lighting up. Keep plugging away at it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Good luck!

Guest gracewriter

I went cold turkey twice and will never do that again.  I think my family was relieved when I started smoking again.  The thing that got me to smoking again was after five months of not smoking I wanted a cigarette just as much as I did the first day I quit. 

I got so angry that I was still "jones'n" that bad after 5 months, I gave up giving up.  Hypnotism was a joke to me, acupuncture worked for about 4 hours once, the drugs from the doctors made me want to smoke all the more, the moment I put on the patch I wanted a cigarette and could even smell one, the gum hurt my teeth and burned my mouth, the inhaler tasted like crap and was expensive, I think the gum and patch could have worked had I been allowed to smoke an actual cigarette once in a while but it made me sick.  I could go on and on..I was HOPELESS.

But I don't feel that way now.  I mean, I'm completely off cigarettes and sometimes think how much easier this is going to be if I do decide to quit.  It's kind of like making peace with my addiction.  Hard to explain but I'm definitely using the ecig less than I ever did the real cigs.  Accept of course when I'm having a rum and coke or my morning coffee, then I'm back to "power" smoking the ecig. at which point I have the two ionizers loaded and ready.

The company I get them through, one cartridge is equal to about a pack cigarettes.  It's going to depend on how much you smoke as to how much you'll want to buy.  A pack of 8 cartridges is about $4.25 per pack delivered.  But if you buy 4 packs of cartridges (that is if you are a pack a day smoker) that equals 32 packs and drops the price to about $3.58 per pack delivered.  Or you could do like me and buy 3.5 months worth in one shot that dropped the price to $2.19.

How it works.  It has water, nicotine and a food additive that produces the smoke (water vapor).  It has a computer chip that switches on the ionizer and heater that produces and heats the smoke (water vapor).  That's what makes this thing so ingenious to me is the heater part because real cigarettes are "hot" on the inhale.  Cold on the inhale would be useless to me. 

There is more on how it works on the link to my site on the first thread.  Frankly, I think this thing is a miracle and can't imagine anyone who smokes not wanting to give it a try.  I so wish I could morf myself over there and let you try a puff.  I mean, the only thing one has to lose is a few bucks, but what's to gain is priceless. 

All the prices are on the site I have linked on my web page.  www.smokeanywhereyouwant.com.  I also have a video of me on that webpage demonstrating it.  Or you can call me (954) 614-9613.  The people at my local mall are selling them for about the same price but are not offering any rebates for referrals.  If you smoke this thing in public people are going to ask you where you got it from.  That's what's happening to me.  I'm not a very good sales person so I just give them a little flyer I made that sends them to my personal site I got for buying the membership.  I think the membership was $34.00. 

Like I said, I've already made my money back and I can drop my membership and my autoship any time I want.  Buying it retail only saves you $7.00.

But again, what's important is that you try one if you smoke, whether you get it from me or someone else doesn't matter.  I don't want to see anyone I care about or even don't care about continuing killing themselves with cigarettes.

Did I get cranky a couple times and want to pick up?  Yep, but only because my brain was having a hard time understanding the only thing I wanted out of the real cigarette was the nicotine and that wonderful feeling of warm smoke going down my throat.  Then a switch went off in my brain that said, "dummy, you don't want those anymore because you can get your fix with this." then I'd immediately suck on the ecig and was instantly satisfied.  It was really weird not looking for a lighter all the time.  That took a little getting used to. 

The one at the mall tasted like dirt and you had to suck on it really hard to get it to smoke.  This one was a little sweet which I didn't care for but LOVED the way it felt.  I think it took me about a day to get used to the new taste and after about 3 days loved the taste more than a real cig.

So I was never frustrated with the ecig. itself, I was frustrated with that unconscious habit of constantly looking for my cigs. whenever I got a little stressed out.  I don't even notice getting stressed out anymore.  I mean it's like my whole psychology has changed. 

Once I realized this thing was going to work, I actually bought extra units to ensure I'll never be caught without a full charge or cartridge.  I am after all a hopeless addict.  I just feel so good about myself this time around.  I felt like such a failure every time I tried to quit before.  Letting my family down each time felt even worse.  I think that's what scares me the most is running out of cartridges and being forced to buy a cigarette.  Ok, maybe I'm still an addict, but at least I'm not killing myself anymore.

I got to meet the owners of the company last night.  It felt so good to thank them for bringing this into my life.  I imagine they get a lot of that.  I was reading about a doctor in Asia who is getting a 95% success rate.  The University of Alberta has been doing studies on this thing and getting good results. 

I really think one day in the distant future there will be no more tobacco companies.  Between new ordinances popping up all over the country making it illegal for you to smoke in your house, car, or even in your back yard and being taxed out of reality by the governments, well, you get the picture.

Best,

Grace

Grace- Good for you for 1 finding something that makes you enthusiastic and happy. I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed in the morning and it isn't fun. For 2 trying to quit smoking.

I have also quit smoking. It will be 7years on April 28th at 7pm. ;D I quit cold turkey also and not becuase I wanted to but because of hubby telling me how much money we would save and on and on. Needless to say I quit and he didn't. I think I would have started again if it wasn't for everyone telling me I won't be able to make it. I smoked 2 packs a day easy. I love not smoking. I love smelling how fresh my hair and cloths smell all day long. I still crave them and am sure I always but I won't go back. You won't believe how bad the smells is after you quit for awhile. Hubby smokes outside needless to say.

Good luck to you and everyone that is trying to quit!

Christi

i looked into this as well but it is not approved by the FDA  which doesn't matter as the FDA is nothing more than the government wanting there money.

i do need to quit as i just bought a carton today and hooly crap when  the guy said the total i said what the hell happened to the 29.44 he looked at me and laughed and said the taxes went up. well i do need to quit as one money is very slim and also my lungs cant hardly take it any more .

If i quit then i am likely to take up some thing else that is later on just as bad  or if not worst.  Gian weight Ive been there done that lost it  which i lost 175+ pounds when i got divorced

( i divorced her ass )   

i hope we all can quit smoking we all might feel better and live longer and breath better

grace Hun good luck  keep on kicking 

Guest gracewriter

"looked into this as well but it is not approved by the FDA"

There is nothing in it for the FDA to approve because everything in it has already been approved by the FDA.  If it was a tobacco product then it would need FDA approval. 

What it is not approved for by the FDA is a smoking cessation device.  Apparently you need FDA approval if you want to advertise it as a means to stop smoking.  So, if a doctor is getting a 95% success rate of his patients quitting cigarettes entirely (like the doctor in Asia who is getting a 95% success rate with his patients) that U.S. doctor could lose his license for advertising it as a smoking cessation device, all because the FDA hasn't approved it for that.  Nice.  Have you ever heard anything as ridiculous as this? 

The people who are advertising it as such are going to end up getting shut down.  The FDA has been to our company and has been "friendly" with us because we are not advertising it as way to quit smoking.  So let me be clear, I smoked cigarettes for 39 years, now I only use the ecig. :(

Good luck repo, that's just your state tax, next is the federal tax come april 1st.  I just hope they don't follow through with the proposed cow poop tax as I really don't want to give up eating steak and can't see myself going for the synthesized meat they are starting to grow in petri dishes to go on sale at our local supermarkets as a meat replacement in the next year.  Gross!!!

Guest gracewriter

Grace- Good for you for 1 finding something that makes you enthusiastic and happy. I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed in the morning and it isn't fun. For 2 trying to quit smoking.

Christi

Thank you Christi.  It does feel good to have a reason to get out of bed.  I had to laugh when I read your husband didn't quit.  Good for you for quitting and for not clubbing  your husband over the head for continuing to smoke!

By the way, is your husband's name Dick? ;D:(;D

they find any thing they can to tax next thing they are going to tax is dog shyt well i got alot of that every morning and evening cleaning out kennels .

They are wanting to make you pay taxes for how many miles you drive and when you get your car inspected you have to pay right then.My think  is when you go to work and i sit at home and you pay my bills then you can tax me for how many miles i drive until then shut the hell up

whats next they going to tax oh lets tax the air we breath 

Christi

Thank you Christi.  It does feel good to have a reason to get out of bed.  I had to laugh when I read your husband didn't quit.  Good for you for quitting and for not clubbing  your husband over the head for continuing to smoke!

By the way, is your husband's name Dick? ;D:(;D

Grace I have been there also not wanting to get out of bed wondering what could be worth it. then I look at my son and know. He is what has kept me going!

No hubby's name isn't Dick..lol He gets reminded about how it was his idea and here I was the only one that quit. He did good for awhile then we ended up splitting up for a time due to his drinking and he ended up smoking more. He doesn't drink now so for now that is good. I tell you it took every bit of will power I had not to smoke but if I can do it anyone can!

Christi

Guest gracewriter

My husband says the same thing about me with the smoking.  He was very skeptical at fist because I've tried so many things to quit cigarettes and failed each and every time.

But he's been watching me and says if these things can get me to quit the cancer sticks ANYONE can quit.  So far he's right.  It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm in heaven that I don't stink anymore.

This week we went to our first restaurants.  Usually when we finish eating I have my lighter and cig in hand asking him if he doesn't mind if I run outside while he pays the bill so I can smoke before we get into the car.  I never realized how stressed out it made me even eating in a restaurant because I knew right after I'd have to leave him and the kids so I could excuse myself to get my fix.

It has been so unbelievably wonderful this last week, as after we eat I just pull it out and take a couple puffs right in the restaurant.  Talk about reducing the stress in my life and not having to live my life around when and where I can smoke!

I may always be a nicotine addict, but this is so liberating!

I do admire you for quitting entirely, and wish I had that fortitude.  But at least now, knowing I probably will never be able to quit, I don't feel so frightened about these things killing me.

I think you are doing great! I know what you mean how smoking can stress you out. I remember not wanting to ride with this person or go to that persons house due to not being able to smoke. I will have to check more into this electic cig that you are doing for my husband that didn't quit. keep it up Grace I am proud of you I know how hard it is!

Christi

Thats nice to hear on your business and would like to share my suggestions. For my new business I ordered electronic gadget sample from dealextreme, but it took long time, i din get my order delivered . So I did reordered it from Chinabuye , an online store from China. Rate is quite cheaper than dealextreme with free ship cost. This made me quite satisfied.  So i find this better deal than dealextreme. Hope this will help you at your new business and would glad to help you at any time!