battrans

what vinyl to buy to start out

Is ebay vinyl ok to buy  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is ebay vinyl ok to buy

• Ebay vinyl
    • 3 mil vinyl

HI

I have not got the MH871 i ordered on ebay i just bought the buy it now could not wait. so now i'm looking at some vinyl on ebay 10 rolls 10' on a roll 3m for $66.95 plus s/h 16.90, Anyone know if this is ok vinyl? has anyone used any of before? Or is it not worth buying?  I'd like to get some vinyl before the cutter gets here.

Thanks for any help Ron.

I would personally recommend purchasing either brand name vinyl(i.e. Oracal, FDC, Avery, etc) or from a well known ebay store that sells good quality vinyl.

There have been ebay stores/people who say they are selling vinyl, and then the end user finds out it is a low tach kitchen shelfing contact paper.

Hey Thanks for the reply i just went to the ebay site that has the vinyl it is called home team depot there feed back was all good, has anyone here tried the vinyl from them? Thanks Ron :)

Try Fellers.com. I stated out using shinerite and am satisfied with ot. If they don't have a warehouse near you they have free shipping on orders over $75.

Hi Everyone I went ahead and bought some of the vinyl from that ebay stoe since i don't know whats what and i need to try out the MH-871 when it gets here and did not what to spend alot of money on vinyl right now. But I did ask her how she would rate that vinyl with orcal 651 and this is her email back to me. Hi Ron.

Sorry for the delayed response. I see that you have already made a purchase. But to answer your question, our vinyl would be more comparable to the Oracal 651 since they both are intermediate calendared vinyl. We sell ShineRite 3 mil and the Oracal is 2.5 mil. The Avery a9 is a 2 mil cast vinyl. I did receive your color choices and your order is being processed. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thank you for your purchase. Take care and have a wonderful evening.

~Tammy

- hometeam*1  Well i don't know if its any good or not but I guess i will find out. Ron

She sells ShineRite. It's a Fellers house brand I think. I just bought a batch and so far so good. Make sure not to set the blade to deep. Mine was at first and the paper would peel off on some of the letters where it cut the skin of the paper. Made application a pain but I think I got the blade set right now.

I would suggest starting with FREE vinyl :) there is a link to avery in the vinyl section, after you use that up, order more and then get Orcal 651, it is very good stuff.

Wayne

I have bought from her before. I think that you get a free squeegee with your order. I havent had any problems with the Shinerite vinyl. I mainly use it for freebies, giveways, and trying projects out so I don't mess up any of the stuff that costs money. This will be good starter vinyl for you. You wont feel bad about wasteing it. Then later you can buy some stuff that has a longer indoor/outdoor life than Shinerite.  :thumbsup:

I have bought from her before. I think that you get a free squeegee with your order. I havent had any problems with the Shinerite vinyl. I mainly use it for freebies, giveways, and trying projects out so I don't mess up any of the stuff that costs money. This will be good starter vinyl for you. You wont feel bad about wasteing it. Then later you can buy some stuff that has a longer indoor/outdoor life than Shinerite.  :thumbsup:

They say Shinerite is rated at 6 yrs. outdoor life. Not like it's that contact paper stuff I've heard about from some ebay sellers.

Anybody else got anymore info on this Vinyl?

I would say it's decent right?

I wonder on outdoor life, like for window decals?

I order my vinyl from her (hometeam*1 on ebay) and she is GREAT! the vinyl is good too. I havn't used any other brand than shinerite so I don't have much to compare to but ive made several stickers from my truck and for other people and it seems to work great. cuts and weeds well too..