Sign in to follow this  
randyb

SET UP SETTINGS

Newbie here,

was wondering if somebody could go through some of the set up items and what the standard settings would be?I am talking about the set up box when you ar eready to cut ........

Nearly all of that you are going to want to leave at the default settings. The ones that need to be changed are the top two drop down boxes. You should have your cutter selected in the top drop down and your output device selected in the second. If you are using usb it is going to read Blazer.Com#:USB Serial Cable (something like that) if it is serial it will be Blazer.Com1:Communications Port if it is LPT then you will selected LPT1-4.

I would also check the offset in the cut window. Seems like mine was set to 0 when it should be .25 mm. (for a 45 degree blade.)

the blade offset is 0.25 for all blades of the uscutter line.

bb

if you use the pen for testing a cut or pen plotting you will want to set it back to .00

bb

Just a warning here. For mainstream cutters like Roland, Graphtec etc, offset needs to be 0.00, as the cutter itself provides the offset setting. Some Chinese cutters will soon be the same, so be vigilant. Always use cutter offset rather than in software.

mobby

On my Refine - .25mm for the 45 degree blades that came with, and .015mm for the 60 degree blades I use now.

HMMMMMMMM, well now i am confused.I have a refine MH721. Seems to cut fine with the offset at 00  and .25.  Did you mean .15 on the 60* blades?

HMMMMMMMM, well now i am confused.I have a refine MH721. Seems to cut fine with the offset at 00  and .25.  Did you mean .15 on the 60* blades?

Randy the factory settings seem to vary slightly on a machine to machine basis. A lot of the cutters I use here do not need the offset changed, some do.

Offset is like pulling a trailer behind your truck. The longer the trailer, the wider you have to make the turn to keep from running over the curb.